Sending' reported error (0x80042109)

tamino

Verified User
one of my clients on my server can not send out email using outlook , i have some other accounts on that server and we can send email fine with outlook without any problems but when it somes to this particular account they cant send out emails.

This is the messeage he gets.
Task 'mail.xxxxxx.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

This is very strange because other accounts work fine.

Can someone please advice

This is a very common problem and a quick search would give you some ideas. That user's ISP is most likely blocking port 25 to all servers except their own. To get around this, they either have to use webmail or you need to make exim listen on more than one port.

The SpamBlocker 2 version of exim.conf has the fix already in place; it also listens on the SMTP authenticated sender port.

Jeff

hello jlasman

so even though only that email has the problem and we have tried it from 2 different parts of town on two different computers?
then if SpamBlocker 2 will solve the problem then i must purchase the plugin.

jlasman said:
The SpamBlocker 2 version of exim.conf has the fix already in place; it also listens on the [bSMTP ]authenticated sender port.

Jeff [/B]

hey, can you explain this a little more so that a dummy like me can get this working on two da installs... do i need to contact you to get a plugin or is this something available from da,, i need a fix quick,, starting to get the email shakes,,,,,,,,,,,

chuck

Last edited:
Take a look at this thread. There is a download link there, plus what needs to be done to install it. If you are using dovecot, you also need to apply the patch:
Code:
cd /etc
patch -p0 < /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/exim.conf.dovecot.patch

toml has posted a great resource thread. Of course you can buy the SpamBlocker plugin, but you don't have to :) .

Jeff

Back