FrontPage Server Extension and Subdomains

tino

Verified User
Hi,

I have a domain on my box, domain.com, and have some subdomains in it; sub1.domain.com and sub2.domain.com.

Now I enable FrontPage for the domain...

If I try to open the site in FrontPage (either domain.com, sub1.domain.com or sub2.domain.com) I get an error.

The fp_execlog is empty.

The log for a subdomain (e.g. domain.com.sub1.error.log) shows:

[Date] [error] (2)No such file or directory: Incorrect permissions on webroot "/home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html/sub1/_vti_pvt" and webroot's _vti_pvt directory in FrontPageAlias().
[Date] [error] [client client_ip] File does not exist: /home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html/sub1/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
[Date] [error] [client client_ip] File does not exist: /home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html/sub1/404.shtml
[Date] [error] [client client_ip] File does not exist: /home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html/sub1/_vti_inf.html
[Date] [error] [client client_ip] File does not exist: /home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html/sub1/404.shtml
[Date] [error] (2)No such file or directory: Incorrect permissions on webroot "/home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html/sub1/_vti_pvt" and webroot's _vti_pvt directory in FrontPageAlias().
[Date] [error] [client client_ip] File does not exist: /home/account/domains/domain.com/public_html/sub1/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc

(And much more like that.)

Any ideas on this error?

Tino

I tried opening the main domain with FPSE, but initially that didn't work.

Now, some hours later, it worked.

Is the installation of FPSE done through a job? Perhaps the FPSE wasn't installed when I tried earlier, and Ijust had to wait a few minutes...?

TIno

Hello,

The extensions are activate immediately. Just be sure that you have "www." at the beginning of the domain name when you are editing/publishing a website.

John

Back