HOW TO change a MySQL default?

morfargekko

Verified User
Hello how do I change the default Collation used by MySQL when a database is created by Installatron. When I do it "by hand" I can set the Collation to what I want it to be but Installatron uses some default setting somewere and I can't find where to change it.
More exact my issue is: When I install a script with installatron and then check the database with phpMyAdmin I found that allthough all tables have Collation of utf8_general_ci as they should but the Sum of all tables are latin1_swedish_ci. :confused:

You probably should be asking the Installatron people. DirectAdmin does not support Installatron.

That was the first thin I did. :D
It is not a problem with Installatron because the databases (according to Rowan at Installatron) are created by the control panel.

This is his answer:
"Installatron doesn't actually create any tables, or databases for that matter. The databases are created by the control panel, and the tables are created by the sql files or install scripts provided by the software being installed."

Ok so this situation would happen even when you create databases with DirectAdmin not just using Installatron as you indicated when you said:

when a database is created by Installatron

Now you are saying Installatron does not create databases.

So the problem is with DA not Installatron. You confused the situation by stating the above and:

When I install a script with installatron

All your indications were that Installatron was doing something different than DA.

Thanks floyd I will try that.
I can't find that line in my my.cnf so I figure that I'll just have to add it. :D

Cant find any my.cnf in /etc or anywere else in the box. :confused:
My OS is CentOS 5.

Can I just add my own my.cnf and add the line : collation_server=utf8_general_ci

my.cnf is not there by default. You should also probably look at optimising mysql using my.cnf. Its in the knowledgebase of DA.

Back