Webmail, IMAP and SSL

neofree

Verified User
I can not find if you have included webmail or not. If not, I *highly* recommend SquirrelMail. (See: www.squirrelmail.org)

Some people say to pick IMP for it's looks, but SquirrelMail isn't all that bad looking either and has the coolest features and plug ins available.

Also, it doesn't look like you include a IMAP server. I would highly suggest this as well. This is good for people who like to use Webmail primarily instead of a client like Outlook.

And another major concern is the ability to secure the control panel with SSL. I see no way to do this for the main control panel, or for each Reseller to do so themselves.

Thanks,

Neofree

Hello,

Web-based mail / IMAP is currently not supported. When we asked for votes during the development stage, the people we polled wouldn't even put it on the bottom of the list. :confused: However, it can be added if demand is high enough (you are the first to ask).

The control panel can be accessed securely (httpS://panel) if the Admin turns this feature on by editing DirectAdmin's config file manually. Once this is turned on, it affects everybody on the server (User/Reseller/Admin would all log in secure).

Thanks,

Mark

Well almost every control panel existance integrates Webmail. Kind of odd not to. I would imagine most just assumed it was there. Most platforms do have IMAP as well, but there are a few that don't.

Well this is good that SSL is possible. But it sounds to me that the Resellers would share the certificate, thus their identity would not be secured. Is your reseller panel not possible to be completely private label, where there is no hint of the main provider?

Thank you,

Neofree

Hello again,

No webmail may sound odd but nobody expressed any indication of interest in it. It may show up in a DirectAdmin update though.

Right now a Reseller's identity can be found out by a *smart* User, so I can't say the Reseller is 100% anonymous.

Mark

Update: Webmail is now included in the control panel. We will be adding more webmail clients as time permits.

Mark

DirectAdmin Sales said:
Update: Webmail is now included in the control panel. We will be adding more webmail clients as time permits.

Mark

When will that be? Horde?

I would like to see all webmail clients on a separate page rather than listing separate links on the menu. When a user clicks on Webmail, both Sqmail and Ubei would display on one page with options to select one or another just like cpanels.

Back