e mail quota

hkeeh

Verified User
hi,I want to ask that why e mail quota...
maximum just can set 10MB (dispite I set unlimited..actually is 10 MB quota)

can you help me?
thank you

Please be a bit more specific, hkeeh...

Are you a systems admin (a DA owner), a reseller, or a single-domain user?

Unless you're an admin, the people who supply your hosting can certainly set a limit on your mailbox quota.

Jeff

email POP limit - how to set it in DirectAdmin

I see how to edit the php file for the webmail but where do you set the limit for a pop account in DA

You set the pop account limit when creating or modifying the pop account. There should be a 4th field that says "quota" (along with name, password and password-again).

If you're talking about a total pop limit for eveyone, there isn't one but the pop usage is counted in the total disk usage for the user account.

John

So maybe I'm going crazy here, John?

The reason I answered the way I did was because I believed that the total quota allowed for a mailbox is limited for the user by the reseller.

However, in looking at the reseller controls, it appears that this is not so.

I can't tell from the Site-Helper pages because they haven't been updated to show anything about email quota.

So my question is can the domain owner set any quota he wants for mailboxes, no matter how much/little space he's allowed in total?

If so, will the notification/suspension take place if one or more email users goes over quota?

Thanks.

Jeff

Hello,

Yes, he can set anything. The feature was added mainly for webhosts to limit email accounts for their domain. The actual usage is counted in the disk usage, so the ususal notifications/suspension etc will be used for the whole user account.

John

Thanks for the quick reply John.

I deal with so many panels and clients that I sometimes get a bit confused :) .

Jeff

So does this mean that the 10MB limit isn't really that big of a deal unless you are using Uebimiau or webmail. That is, if you want to use those programs then you have that limit, otherwise your POP server will still work?

Back