Verified User
Hello, I've added 4 domains to my primary account,
however, when entering the Direct Admin and going
to an 'add on' domain to upload files, the files are only
located at the primary domains URL... Why is this? Do I
need to modify any other files so people can go to the
URL of my add-ons and see what it expected (it doesn't
make sense for someone to go to the URL of my primary
account and defeats the purpose of having these addons).

Thanks for being here and taking the time to read this!

All the best,
Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. To upload files to each addon, you would have to go to the .../domains/domain.com/public_html directory. Each add-on has it's own public_html directory.

At this time, you cannot preview add-ons by going to http://domain/~username (only your main domain will show up).

Please elaborate if I am missing something.

Mark

Thanks for your very speedy reply mate!

These are the steps i take:

1) Log in

2) Click on the domain name i wish to work with

3) Click "File Manager" (top left hand corner)

4) Click folder with red arrow on it (public_html)
[and have just noticed right down the bottom in red
is the primary TLD, even though i clicked on an add-on.]

5) Then i proceed to use DA's upload features...

My question; how can i use DA's upload features
while being in one of my add ons instead of the
primary TLD?

Cheers,
Paul

When accessing file manager, it will always default to your base dir.

To get to the specific domain's public_html dir you need to click the [DOMAINS] folder (usually 2nd down) then navagate to the domain you want to access. From there, you will go to the public_html dir under that domain

a-ha, found it. Thank you so much for the
great directions Two_A_T. Appreciate it man! :D

I'd like to bring this topic back up and make a feature request regarding it.

I have two domains on one account.

When I log in to the DA panel these are the steps I have to follow:

--> Login
--> Choose a domain: a.com or b.com
--> Clicking on a.com leads me to the user panel for that domain. (everything works as expected)

This is where things begin to get redundant - If I want to use the File Manager, I click on the File Manager icon, and then have to go through the process of choosing a domain, clicking on it and then following the link into the public_html directory. I just made all these decisions after I logged in.

My suggestion is two fold...

First when you choose a domain at the 'home' level of the account, that should be the domain that follows you throughout your tasks, particularly in the File Manager. I find it highly redundant to have to drill down through the domain options in order to get to the File Manager, and then have to drill down through the domain options in order get to the correct "public_html" folder.

Second, the quick navigation menu which allows you to return to the main user panel or back to the 'home' level (where you choose a domain) loses it's effectiveness when you go into the File Manager, thus requiring you to return Home, and choose a domain, and then go where you want from there.

Now, I realize that the File Manager has files which are independent of the domains which could require accessing with the File Manager, which is why it would be nice if those files were accessible from the 'home' level of the panel, with a File Manager link not appended with a domain variable.

Does this make sense? My host is using DA 1.21.3.

Last edited:
Back