How to create a FTP account?

piirka

I use directadmin on my dedicated server, But I need a FTP account to upload my script file. How can I create one?:confused:

I use directadmin on my dedicated server, But I need a FTP account to upload my script file. How can I create one?:confused:

You already have an ftp account. You don't need another one unless you want to give access to somebody else.

FTP access for a user to access ONE directory only

how do i set up an ftp account to give access to someone outside my company so they can only see one directory but not move UP the tree to access other directories.

Login DirectAdmin as the user
FTP Accounts
Create FTP account and select the path for the user

FTP access for a user to access ONE directory only -how to figure out the directory

i tried using the option to select the directory path to the user and i am stumped.

this is the directory i want to give him access to:
/public_html/magazinesubscriptions/wp-content

how do do that?

Then do what I said and the path should be something like

/home/[user]/domains/[domain.tld]/public_html/magazinesubscriptions/wp-content

Replace [user] and [domain.tld] for yourself.

ok on creating the user path as you suggest

ok i created the new user (asptemp) and chose the user radio button choice and it did set up a new directory for him

/home/magmall/domains/magmall.com/public_html/asptemp/

i am still confused though how to get the new user to have access to the other directory as below

assuming this path:
/home/[user]/domains/[domain.tld]/public_html/magazinesubscriptions/wp-content

becomes this path:
/home/asptemp/domains/magmall.com/public_html/magazinesubscriptions/wp-content

where do I set up this access to the path above for the asptemp ftp account

sorry for being such an idiot. major sugar rush from a magnolia cupcake. big mistake to eat it in 3 bites. maybe a new math formula for how quickly one can lose one's marbles.

Jason you are not following the directions given. It seems you are doing everything but what you were told to do.

ok i created the new user (asptemp)

You were told not to do that.

Pay attention

Login DirectAdmin as the user (owner of the domain)
FTP Accounts
Create FTP account and select the path for the user

finally got the FTP to work

the problem is the DIR path is unclear inside teh ftp client but now i got it figured out. much thanks.

I agree it is a little unclear ..

it assumes the end user know that path address.

I would like to see an option to just give access to /public_html

I agree it is a little unclear ..

it assumes the end user know that path address.

I would like to see an option to just give access to /public_html

I believe jason was referring to his own ftp client being unclear. But just in case he and you are referring to the DirectAdmin panel being unclear, the instructions tell you the path. http://www.site-helper.com/ftp.html#create

The instructions do leave out the custom path because this was added later. But in the panel the first part of the path (/home/username) is already included and only the rest needs to be filled out. Again this is known by reading the instructions or even looking at the file structure in the file manager.

The importance of reading the documentation cannot be over emphasized. Sometimes we all have to read it over and over again to understand it. I have yet to find anything in DirectAdmin that did not have written instructions somewhere. If I cannot figure out how to do something in DirectAdmin then it is my fault for not reading all the documentation.

Back