Oh my god...

Nick

I just installed directadmin and I can't believe how comprehensive it is.. your web site doesnt do it justice.. I am blown away. I have some questions though:

Right now it is VERY fast, everything loads instantly.. is this going to slow down once some sites are added?

Once my server gets more IP addresses how do I tell directadmin that they are there? Will it know automatically?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

You will find that DirectAdmin runs very quickly and should continue to do so under moderate to heavy server load. It is a very efficient piece of software, so signing in does not put much of a drain on system resources.

There is no way to detect if new IP address have been allocated to your server, so click the "IP Manager" link in your Admin panel and you will see a box to add new IP's right at the top of your screen.

Thanks,

Mark

Speaking of Server Load....
Will there be a "Server Load" indicator in the Admin Panel under Complete Usage Statistics? Might be a nice addition.

Last edited:
Hello,

Server load is a good suggestion. We'll add that to our todo-list of new features.

John

Nick said:
your web site doesnt do it justice

I agree with that, the website looks to basic. If you look at ensim and plesk websites they just appear more professional, maybe a competiton for the best site design from all forum members here :p , I will have a go if your willing to do that and im sure the other designers here will also be willing to have a go :)

Chris

We already have a new site designed and it will be uploaded at the exact same time as the FreeBSD public version. One of the new skins will also take the same overall layout as the new web site.

Mark

DirectAdmin Sales said:

There is no way to detect if new IP address have been allocated to your server
There must be, because Plesk can find them automatically.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, what I meant to say is that DirectAdmin itself can't detect a new IP by itself at this time. No ETA for this feature though.

Mark

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not sure I like automatic detection; perhaps when/if you implement it you could make it an option.

Jeff

What was I supposed to say? :p
For the record SpinnaHost is designing the default skin and will soon have a preview :D

I never said I was ;)
Mark is doing a great job. Not being great with image programs I am only able to offer icon suggestions from the sidelines. Oh and I also helped Mark out with a few things including working out that the header and footer include need to go on each page. AHAHAHAHHA

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

Server load is a good suggestion. We'll add that to our todo-list of new features.

John

A bit in the API to retrieve that info would be good since when a new user signs up on my website, i try to direct them to the lowest loaded server. (which i currently select using the free disk space) Being able to base it on server load aswell would be even better.

James

This would be server-wide load, any chance of per domain or account loads, or is it preferred to keep it 3rd party?

Back