New Skins - coming soon

ProWebUK

Verified User
Hopefully we will be introduing many new skins sometime in the very near future.

As soon as we have got a few tested we will be releasing a pile of em :) some free, some not.

Also as soon as we got a few tested we will be providing custom skinning for Direct Admin servers :)

Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

You'll find that as DirectAdmin gains popularity the demand for skins/customization will rise too. Getting in early is always key. Please post skin samples if you have the chance!

Mark

Looking forward to seeing them, Chris!

It seems that by the time I get my server up and running (sometime late this week) there are going to be several new skins to choose from!

And, Mark is right (as usual).. getting the jump on the competition now will put you in a good position to sell some skins if you choose to do that! Wish I had the coding background to make a few.. would love to pick up a few extra $$ while helping members of the DA family! :)

ill post up a screenshot of an admin panel im designing in about an hour :)

Chris

heres the screenshot :)

at the moment its just a sketch, and its not yet 100% ive spent a while on it today so i thought id ask for your opinions on it before i go any further

There will be icons placed on the main page as "quick links" and more things added to the sites stats at the top of the main section

Could you all please leave a comment about the design (mainly the header at the moment) so i can see if its worth continuing this particular design

Regards
Chris :cool:

EDIT - forgot to post link, http://prowebuk.com/sites/DirectAdminDesign1.png

Last edited:
I forgot to post a link in my last post, It is now at the bottom of my previous message

Regards
Chris

Hi ProWebUK,

Just looking at your skin, it's looking quite nice. I've noticed you want to show the User's IP, so I've added a default user token:

DOMAIN_IP

that will store this data (for DA 1.07).

Also, I'm not sure if you're doing it this way, but the HOSTNAME token will show the domain currently being used to access the panel, not the domain being modified IN the panel. So, for example if a User accesses his panel through his reseller's site, the reseller's domain will show up in HOSTNAME, not the User's domain. (HOSTNAME shows whatever is typed in the location bar). To show the User's domain, use DOMAIN or domain, (which should be case insensitive for 1.07)

Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the tokens you just gave me, im sure they will be used in the designs that we make.

I have just uploaded a new version of the skin to the same url (just updated nav bar at the top - now looks much better i think)

Chris

Back