Feature Suggestions

CompCity

Okay, the majority of these suggestions are based on skins and some skin tokens I would like to see implemented. These are all for the end-user (which is as far as I have gotten):

Domains:
These need more information, MIN/MAX of domain pointers, and additional domains. I'd rather see a "parked and addon" domain feature as well. This way you can limit parked domains and addon domains.

EMAIL:
Need a LOT more information here, need to be able to have the tokens for how many Forwarders, Auto-Responders, mailing lists and POP3 emails that are being used (and the maximum available if applicable). Currently you can only do POP3.

GENERAL:
Would like to see PHP, Perl, MySQL and possibly kernel version tokens. Would also like to see path information for sendmail/perl. Also, it would be nice to have a |NS1| |NS2| type token for the end-user as well. It's already available for the admin, but it would be a nice touch for users. It would be nice to have a "contact email" address built in as well. This isn't a huge deal for skinning, but would make life MUCH easier for third-party script integration. For example, if you have this built-in, when it is updated in the control panel, it will automatically update the third-party scripts as well.

Finally, as far as I can tell, you don't have a |PACKAGENAME| for the end-user. That would be REALLY nice. I'll try to update this post as I see others that are needed.

Hey,

I have a feeling this thread is going to get very long lol ;)

I've have a few folks playing with the great DA panel at present, and one major factor to one of our biggest resellers is that there is no alt tags in the panel. He's blind and requires alt tags to move around the panel. Is this a possible additional ?

Scott,
ProWebSpace.com

Hi,

Brilliant - thanks :)

Another suggestion - one thing I did like about cpanel (and there's not a lot of those lol) is their update news feature, i.e., when you log in it would give information on what the new version of the panel had changed / included etc. I noticed that the panel version increased yesterday but don't know what changed.

Scott,
ProWebSpace.com

why not just add a little box with

<?php
include "http://www.directadmin.com/versions.html";
?>

:D that would be an easy hack for anyone, if its wanted i will make it as a how to (once we have the DA servers :)

Chris

Back