Auto Settings Script

Gadget

Verified User
Is there a way i can make it where certain users (depending on the package applied) can only have certain things, like I have shell packages and I dont want those customers ability to access and host from a public_html folder (keeping them from hosting sites unless they purchase that option) or keep them from having email accounts unless they purchase email capabilities. or to make my hosting customers not be able to host or access anything outside of public_html private_html and mail folders. I want to limit shell customers to shell only activity and hosting customers to hosting only activity. and possibly limit shell customers from accessing da. if anyone can think of a way to do this please let me know, i know that limiting access is possible but is it possible w/o getting another third party program to do so.

Hello,

This *can* be done, but it would require a bit of manual labour.

Create User that only has shell access:

Well, the easiest thing would be to just create a shell account using "useradd username" :) But failing that:
1) create their account with a fake domain
2) then log and delete the domain.
3) Set all things you don't want them to have, to zero.
4) Manually delete their ftp account (if you want) from /etc/proftpd.passwd

This will limit them from creating a domain, but won't stop them from accessing their webspace via http://1.2.3.4/~username. It will also give them an email address (system account), logging into DA with that account will also function. There are probably a few other "feature holes" that will exist as a result of doing this, as it wasn't designed for shell only.

The "host a domain with no shell" already exists.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
The "host a domain with no shell" already exists.

Ok, how what setting do I need to choose to do that, I dont want the hosting users to be able to run bg processes. Also can I manually delete the public_html and private_html folders? If so can I do the same with the mail folder or do I just need to delete the domain folder all together say the user is good and the domain is good.example.net i could delete /home/good/good.example.net/ ? Thank you for all yourhelp

Hello,

http://reseller.site-helper.com/packages.html

Just uncheck "SSH".

Yes, you can delete the public_html and private_html folders manually, but there isn't anything stopping them from added them again. Deleting the "domains" and "mail" directory would also be fine. Just make sure to delete the domain in the "User Panel" beforehand.

John

Back