Sugestion for DirectAdmin

Serv-Host

Verified User
Hi, I have a few suggestions I would like to share with you. I think that you should change your webmail to horde since it's far better and has a lot more features. You also should offer more control panel options. Little remark, in the "admin" control panel, we cannot create customer accounts, only other admin accounts and reseller accounts.

Hi Serv-Host,

More webmail clients are coming when we have the time, and the same goes with IMAP suppoort.

Admins are also Resellers, so to create customer account just switch to the reseller panel (bottom-left of the screen) and click the "Create Accounts" icon.

Mark

no

in the next version of DirectAdmin add a function in "Admin" control panel for adding customer account plz!!

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the problem with clicking one button (Reseller Panel) in order to create customers?

You have to remember that Admins make up 3 classes (User/Reseller/Admin), and blending features between classes would be confusing.

Mark

i know what you mean serv-host, im used to having that feature also being a heavy Ensim user, although what Mark has said its correct, there is either alot of time and effor involved to include a feature that is only 1 click away anyway.

"Life is no fun without challenges"

Not saying that clicking a link is a challenge or anything just, come on, its not difficult is it, give the guys a break ;)

Chris

LooooL
I know except that its will be easier and less cumbersome of for doing everything with the control panel for admin than to be to create an account reseller.

Translate by Altavista :p

DirectAdmin Sales said:
Admins are also Resellers, so to create customer account just switch to the reseller panel (bottom-left of the screen) and click the "Create Accounts" icon.

Did that mean create a reseller account or give the admin the control panel of resellers to create normal accounts?

Chris

But why not to put to add functions it "to add customers" in the control panel for admin if that does not take that one hour has to make.

its would not be much on the other hand to ask in the new version of directadmin to add this function to it. for the remainder, Good Job with the originator of DirectAdmin :D

I know but what I try of saying can make a control panel for admin which can do all... As its one would not be to use two control panel Admin and reseller.

Deliver to me your opinion.

As i stated in my last post, yes it would be better, yes i would prefer it, and yes, it is currently what im used to.

Once i have a DA server to play around with i will have ago at trying do the hack myself, but i have seen from these forums and some of their todo list and it appears big enough already, maybe a later release will have it, unless a hack is developed to do it of course :)

Chris

I wrote a quick skin mod so you have the link to Create User at the bottom of your admin menu:

http://www.directadmin.com/default-modded.tar.gz
http://www.directadmin.com/power_user-modded.tar.gz

Download either or both of these files to your hard drive. default-modded.tar.gz is the graphical (default) skin, and power_user-modded.tar.gz is the text-based skin.

Then: log in as Admin, switch to your Reseller panel, go into the skins menu and upload this skin. Pick a unique name for it (don't let it overwrite your default skin).

You may get an extraction error. Ignore it. Go back to the Skins menu and check the skin, and then click "Apply to me."

You will now see the link in the Admin menu.

Keep in mind that only your default (non-modded) skin will be updated.

Mark

Back