Above and Beyond the call of duty!

Two_A_T

Verified User
Just a note to give everyone an idea of the kind of people behind DirectAdmin.

Mark and John have more than proven their dedication to customer support and willingness to go WAY beyond the required scope of supporting the DA control panel.

Here's an example:

I have a PHP based script, commercially produced, that I have had trouble with from day 1. And, it appears that I am the only one that has had this trouble since others who have purchased this script have had no problems getting it to work.

Mark and John have spent a good part of today trying to help me figure out why it's not working. This, unless it's being caused by some elusive coding bug that we can't figure out, is NOT a DirectAdmin issue so they aren't obligated to help me with it in any way (other than explaining the directory paths that DA sets up).

So, Mark and John have been willing to go WAY above and beyond their required support duties to help me. We haven't been able to solve the problem and get the script working but it's not for lack of trying. It's most likely something very minor that we haven't been able to catch. But, that's not the issue. The point is, it's the willingness to help and go the extra mile such as this that will put the other control panel designers, support personel and sales force out of work.

Thank you guys. For an awsome control panel and for giving the kind of personal service that one could only dream of from those *OTHER* providers!

i agree 200% on that one, We have not even purchased 1 license as of yet and they are still more than happy to spend a few hours answering questions and going through things with you :)

With other leading control panels it takes a month to get an response from email with them, and live support is non existant.

I just hope DA stays as supportive as this even when it does get bigger. Im sure there would be plenty of DA GROUPIES :p willing to help out if it it got to the point where DA had to stop live support or anything (hopefully that will never happen :D )

Chris

Hey,

I'll 3rd this, WAYYYYY over the call of duty. Mark and John and really gone out of their way to help us get set up fast. On one hand I feel like telling the entire hosting industry how brilliant they are and on the other, more devilish hand, I feel like keeping this little gem to myself, muhahahah (it's mine, all mine me tells ya) ::goes to get mental pills::

Seriously thought, these guys will be BIG if they carry on like this and I mean BIG and more power to em. The only one little thing that does worry me, is that when more and more hosts realise how good they are and start using them, they'll get massives of end users, i.e., hosts customers not direct DA customers emailing and chatting to them for help. Possibly in the future if this does start to become an issue for their valuable time, they could lock some things down to only DA direct customers. I can imagine some hosts I seen around simply saying "go to the chat at directadmin.com for help" when it's really them that should be support em, if you get my drift. That's unless I've missed the feature that states DA also support all my customers lol (I wish)

Scott,
ProWebSpace.com:D

ProWebSpace said:
I feel like keeping this little gem to myself, muhahahah (it's mine, all mine me tells ya)

No its mine aswell!! :p

ProWebSpace said:
The only one little thing that does worry me, is that when more and more hosts realise how good they are and start using them, they'll get massives of end users, i.e., hosts customers not direct DA customers emailing and chatting to them for help. Possibly in the future if this does start to become an issue for their valuable time, they could lock some things down to only DA direct customers. I can imagine some hosts I seen around simply saying "go to the chat at directadmin.com for help" when it's really them that should be support em, if you get my drift. That's unless I've missed the feature that states DA also support all my customers lol (I wish)

Its what i was trying to say in my post above, when its big enough, there would be problems.

We all know theres a limit on how many people John & Mark can help out and at the moment theres only a few that are using the support as DirectAdmin is faily new to the hosting industry. If the number of people using livechat went up enourmously either we would have to wait a few hours for a reply to our questions ot it would just fail anyway.

Who thinks DirectAdmin get an IRC support chat setup?? (i think that would work better, a few of you who may use rackshack IRC who have most likely seen that there are regular knowledgable customers that often help you out. Its basically a place where all the RS support staff help out (all together, not just one) and there can also be the "knowlegable users" who can also contribute answers to peoples questions :)

^ just a suggestion ;)

Chris

Hey,

I agree, and possibly lock down the forum too so it doesn't become like cpanels useless forum. Maybe I missed it but I would think that in the terms for us hosts it states that they won't support our customers (as that's our job) but they will support us etc :)

>We all know theres a limit on how many people John & Mark can help out

Very true, perhaps we should kidnap them and have 1 each (maybe swap on holidays) heads is John, tails in Mark, you call :D

Scott,
ProWebSpace.com

ProWebSpace said:
Very true, perhaps we should kidnap them and have 1 each (maybe swap on holidays) heads is John, tails in Mark, you call :D

Sounds like a good idea "real" live support then ;)

Chris

210%

I have to agree with everyone else. John & Mark go way above in their support. They have been patient and quick to answer any and all of my questions. Thank you both for everything!

I think it's our responsibility as the first users and supporters to take some of the "heat" off Mark and John as sales and questions increase.

Since we're the first to use it and are here as some of the little bugs are worked out, we'll know more about it than anyone else that comes along later. So, we should use our experience to help Mark and John as they get busier with installs and major support issues.

Anyone disagree? I think us helping out like this will help keep the level of support that WE have become accustomed to while allowing Mark and John to handle important issues.

Thats the reason i came out with the IRC suggestion.

It will allow anyone who uses the chat to help out. I regularly go into rackshack chat to help people with problems on their servers.

There are alyways staff there, and technicians along will websales staff and obviously, we would not be able to work with things such as users billing details, what we would be able to do is help out people with problems if by any chance the staff could not answer it, or in the case of DirectAdmin, if there were not staff around at the time.

Chris

I totally agree today my server was down and i called just to ck if the updates affected any apache and the went and looged in and fixed what they could before i had to call the office to reboot the server.

Back