Forbidden Error

langdell

Verified User
Please will someone tell me how I will rectify the following problem? I have tried installing in extra accounts but I still get the same error. I have set the permissions at 755.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~res01075/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.28 Server at 66.98.138.15 Port 80

Regards

Checking file

To ensure that I have the correct server paths, eg /home/res01075/domains/res01075.com/public_html/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi, please will you tell me the server path for the root directory? I wish to use the IP address so I assume the URL for the cgi-bin would be something like http:66.98.138.15/~res01075/cgi-bin/ccp51?

Regards

Am I right in saying that the server path of the root directory is /home/res01075/domains/langdell.me.uk/www

/home/username/domains/domain.com/public_html/
/home/username/domains/domain.com/public_html/cgi-bin/

Happy!

You may be glad to know that I have now got the web site going. I used the resolved domain name and put all my cgi files into the proposed cgi-bin.

Cheers

i think you use the private_html folder instead of the public_html folder :)

Chris

Hello,

The cgi-bin from the public_html folder is used for the private html folder as well. So it's one central place for cgis. If you don't want it to be accessed via public_html, just add a check for port 443.

Also, you can't run scripts from /~username/cgi-bin/script.cgi :)

John

Adding a check for port 443

How do I add a check for port 443? As mentioned above. Also referring to the above does that mean I put my cgi scripts into the public_html folder?

Hello,

I do most of my work in php, so forgive any perl syntax errors, but the idea is the same:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
if ($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'} != 443)
{
       print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
       print "You must run this script via https!\n";
       exit (1);
}

.... rest of code

John

Back