System Uptime Statistic

res00186

Verified User
I am a "reseller" on ProWebSpace and currently evaluating their application of DirectAdmin.

For an extended period today, I was able to access DA but not the websites. Under DA "System Information" the message was:
Apache *** Stopped ***

I see that Apache services are now restored and the "bug" fixed. And PWS kindly pointed to your "Bugfix" update link. Thank you for your efforts.

However, I see on my DA Reseller "System Information" that the report (at last peek):

"System Uptime 33 Days, 2 Hours and 16 Minutes"

... as if proclaiming no interruption in service. If this is an innocent oversight, I hope PWS will solicit a correction. If not, I believe the "System Uptime" statistic is deceptively misleading ... or, otherwise, what would constitute "downtime" if not stoppage of the Apache services? ... Thank you, res00186

System uptime refers to the actual time the server is up.. Not the actual time the services are avaiable....

This is just the time in between reboots...

Hello,

System Uptime refers to the amount of time the server has been running, so only a reboot will reset this number. This information is monitored by the server itself, not DirectAdmin.

Hope this clears things up.

John

The server uptime will also fail to reset when the network fails :)
If you want accurate monitoring get Hosting Assured. They include monitoring from Alerta which pings the server so it will tell you if it is accessible to your clients or not.

Back