database and scripts

homer

Verified User
Hi
I have installed a script for mailing on my host web; i have created a database for the script in DirectAdmin, and followed all the procedure, all right informations were put in the script...I began instal the software, but at the end the script retourn a message that there 's no permissions to acces or write data in somme folders and files . Then I set the permissions for folders and files at 777 but no way to make it work the same message appear
some one can help me ? thanks

I'd suggest you bring this to the attention of the folk who wrote/supplied the script; my guess is that you have to make some specific settings.

Jeff

It was about permissoins I've set the large one 777 on folders and files, when the script is installed I've correct the permisions npw all work fine
Thanks

Setting permissions to 777 on a web-addressable directory means any visitor can read, write to, or delete, the entire directory contents.

Jeff

the permissions were set to 777 just to install the script ...but after they are of corse set again at the secure values.

Back