Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 110

Thread: [Release] Exim Editor - No-Cost!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    680

    [Release] Exim Editor - No-Cost!

    Hey,

    This is to let everyone know we have decided to release Exim Editor at no-cost.

    I do want to thank all those who have purchased copies of Exim Editor as it is because of your help that we are able to release it now at no-cost. Thank You!

    As with most plugins you can go to the Plugin Manager and use the following URL to grab and install the plugin:

    http://files.mysiteplugins.com/Exim_Editor.tar.gz

    If you are currently running Exim Editor you should see a new version available. Once you upgrade you will no longer see the License Details.

    Hopefully this will be of benefit to the DirectAdmin community.

    Thanks, David

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    361
    Getting an error upon installation:

    Code:
    Site error: the file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/admin/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.
    I do have Ioncube installed:

    Code:
    This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
        with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
        with eAccelerator v0.9.5.2, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    680
    Hey,

    The plugin looks for the loaders in the ioncube directory that the plugin is in...

    /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/ioncube

    There's a downloader.php file in the /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts directory that should take care of that...

    Are the loaders in that directory? Also, what OS are you using?

    Thanks, David

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    361
    The ioncube files were not there.

    I ran the downloader.php file manually and it downloaded the files. It seems when installing, this step isn't done correctly.

    The plugin now works.

    OS: CentOS

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    188
    I have a problem with this and I am getting errors:
    [root@abra scripts]# /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/install.sh
    cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/sources/wrapper-exim-linux': No such file or directory
    Preferences Maintained.
    <PRE>
    Attempting to Download the ionCube Loaders
    Site error: the file <b>/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php</b> requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.Setting Permissions...
    Permissions Successfully Set!
    Creating a Backup of exim.conf...
    Exim Editor Plugin Successfully Installed!
    </PRE>

    I have the ionCube files in place so what?
    OS = CentOS 5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    188
    OK I managed to get it to work by running:
    php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php

    But I get the following errors:

    Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php(0) : eval()'d code on line 1

    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php(0) : eval()'d code on line 1
    ionCube Loaders Successfully Downloaded!

    What to do if anything?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    680
    Hey,

    Quote Originally Posted by GXX View Post
    The ioncube files were not there.

    I ran the downloader.php file manually and it downloaded the files. It seems when installing, this step isn't done correctly.

    The plugin now works.

    OS: CentOS
    I'll get that looked at... It's possible something changed in that file in the latest code... Just a guess.

    Thanks, David

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    680
    Hey,

    Quote Originally Posted by morfargekko View Post
    OK I managed to get it to work by running:
    php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php

    But I get the following errors:

    Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php(0) : eval()'d code on line 1

    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php(0) : eval()'d code on line 1
    ionCube Loaders Successfully Downloaded!

    What to do if anything?
    It appears as though you have PHP Safe mode enabled... Is that true?

    Thanks, David

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    188
    I have safe_mode set to off.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by skruf View Post
    we have decided to release Exim Editor at no-cost.
    Wow amazing!

    I've found the Exim Editor to be of great help in the year or more that I've been using it, well worth the purchase price.

    You guys should consider having an option for donations or something.

    Put up a link to your PayPal account (and/or links to your favorite charities) for those who want to give thanks and chip in for all your effort and hard work.

    Kudos in getting this great piece of software out to the DA admins of the world!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by morfargekko View Post
    I have safe_mode set to off.
    Even if you have safe mode turned off, you could still get this error if you had exec listed in your "disable_functions" in php.ini. The Easy Linux Security script posted here in this forum offers to do this.

    You'll need to enable this function to install and use Exim Editor, as it has to be able to modify your Exim configuration files.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    209
    David.. We had the same issue a couple of months ago..

    http://www.directadmin.com/forum/sho...t=16451&page=4

    I just updated also and am back in the same boat with the same error..

    Running CentOS release 4.5 and PHP 5.2.5

    Code:
     Site error: the file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.
    Nuff Said...Keep it Simple Stupid

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrle View Post
    Even if you have safe mode turned off, you could still get this error if you had exec listed in your "disable_functions" in php.ini. The Easy Linux Security script posted here in this forum offers to do this.

    You'll need to enable this function to install and use Exim Editor, as it has to be able to modify your Exim configuration files.
    I feel that enabeling exec is bad for security.
    The plugin seams to work now so everyting is ok.

    Thanks anyway.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    680
    Hey,

    Quote Originally Posted by RadMan View Post
    David.. We had the same issue a couple of months ago..

    http://www.directadmin.com/forum/sho...t=16451&page=4

    I just updated also and am back in the same boat with the same error..

    Running CentOS release 4.5 and PHP 5.2.5

    Code:
     Site error: the file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.
    Can you try to run the downloader.php file (as root, in the scripts directory under Exim_Editor) and let me know what happens...

    I think the issue we're seeing now is with that file...

    Thanks, David

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    680
    Hey,

    Quote Originally Posted by morfargekko View Post
    I feel that enabeling exec is bad for security.
    The plugin seams to work now so everyting is ok.

    Thanks anyway.
    Well, unfortunately my programmer tells me that needs to be enabled for Exim Editor to do it's job.

    Thanks, David

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by RadMan View Post
    Site error: the file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts/downloader.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.
    If ionCube is installed and activated on your server, you don't need to install it again for Exim Editor. To solve this issue with Exim Editor, do the following:

    Assuming the local path for ionCube is: /usr/local/ioncube/
    using your favorite Linux editor such as vi or pico, edit the file php.ini that comes with Exim Editor:
    vi /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/data/php.ini
    Add the following directive and then save the file:

    zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

    Make sure ionCube is activated with your Php by running this command:
    php -v
    you should see:
    Code:
    PHP 5.2.5 (cli) (built: Feb  1 2008 18:20:14) 
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
        with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
        with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
        with Zend Optimizer v3.2.8, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies
    Andy Reed
    RHCE and CCNA

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    209
    Hi Andy.. Your talking to a total novice here,,'

    I've opened the file but have no idea where to insert that directive...

    Ed

    Quote Originally Posted by andyreed View Post
    If ionCube is installed and activated on your server, you don't need to install it again for Exim Editor. To solve this issue with Exim Editor, do the following:

    Assuming the local path for ionCube is: /usr/local/ioncube/
    using your favorite Linux editor such as vi or pico, edit the file php.ini that comes with Exim Editor:
    vi /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/data/php.ini
    Add the following directive and then save the file:

    zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

    Make sure ionCube is activated with your Php by running this command:
    php -v
    you should see:
    Code:
    PHP 5.2.5 (cli) (built: Feb  1 2008 18:20:14) 
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
        with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
        with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
        with Zend Optimizer v3.2.8, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies
    Nuff Said...Keep it Simple Stupid

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    209
    Picked a spot and inserted anyway... Still not working..

    Ed

    Quote Originally Posted by andyreed View Post
    If ionCube is installed and activated on your server, you don't need to install it again for Exim Editor. To solve this issue with Exim Editor, do the following:

    Assuming the local path for ionCube is: /usr/local/ioncube/
    using your favorite Linux editor such as vi or pico, edit the file php.ini that comes with Exim Editor:
    vi /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/data/php.ini
    Add the following directive and then save the file:

    zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

    Make sure ionCube is activated with your Php by running this command:
    php -v
    you should see:
    Code:
    PHP 5.2.5 (cli) (built: Feb  1 2008 18:20:14) 
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
        with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
        with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
        with Zend Optimizer v3.2.8, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies
    Nuff Said...Keep it Simple Stupid

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    209
    Dave.. Can you give me some explicit commands to "run the downloader.php file"

    Cheers

    Ed

    Quote Originally Posted by skruf View Post
    Hey,



    Can you try to run the downloader.php file (as root, in the scripts directory under Exim_Editor) and let me know what happens...

    I think the issue we're seeing now is with that file...

    Thanks, David
    Nuff Said...Keep it Simple Stupid

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,008
    all you type is: php downloader.php

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [exim-announce] Exim 4.73 Release
    By Meesterlijk in forum Required Software Version Updates
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
  2. [RELEASE] Exim Editor Plugin for DirectAdmin
    By skruf in forum 3rd Party Software
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 01:56 PM
  3. [RELEASE] XmConf Editor - FREE
    By skruf in forum 3rd Party Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM
  4. [PRE-ANNOUNCE] Exim Editor for DirectAdmin
    By skruf in forum 3rd Party Software
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM
  5. Admin Level -> File Editor (Editor is HUGE)
    By Spook in forum Feedback & Feature Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 02:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •