[RELEASE] IP Deny Manager

hehachris

Verified User
IP Deny Manager (IDM) consists of 2 components, IDM it self and Hotlink Guard.

IDM allows you to prevent an IP address, domain name, or block of IP addresses from accessing your web site. If someone is using a lot of your bandwidth, posting malicious content, or should not be allowed to access your site for another reason, you can preventing them from doing so in the IP Deny Manager.

Hotlink Guard allows you to prevent hotlinking. You can specify the file extensions to protect, and which domains to be allowed. You can choose to show a substitute image to hotlinkers, and even just add a watermark on the original image.

Unlimited upgrades and 1 year support included.

For more information, please refer to http://daplugin.com/products/idm.shtml

Hotlink Guard protects all kind of files as you can specify any file extensions to protect.

If it's based on .htaccess it won't... Can I test it somewhere?

If it is some kind of video file like wmv, its nearly impossible to stop hotlinking. Most people use windows media player but it does not send out headers which is what .htaccess uses to stop people hotlinking with.

Its the reason why many people have turned to flash to load and play thier videos.

We are please to annouce the immediate availability of IP Deny Manager 2.0

IDM is now encoded using Nu-Coder instead of Ioncube. For existing customers, it is recommended to install IDM from scratch (uninstall and then re-install).

Detailed Changelogs can be found at: http://forum.daplugin.com/index.php/topic,58.0.html

Existing Customers are always encouraged to upgrade your purchased products using the daplugin.build script. Please refer to the howto: http://forum.daplugin.com/index.php/topic,21.0.html

Interested in purchasing

Want to confirm that this plugin is for a server, not a single domain?

Want to verify the steps to purchase and install this plugin as I'm not clear. New customer, not running as of yet any of your other plugins on this server.

Thanks,
David

Sorry, I'm still not clear:

Is this installed so that every user account on a single server can optionally use this if they want?

I'm sorry that I'm so dense headed. Ill try again:

I have a server running DirectAdmin on IP 000.000.000.000

This IP 000.000.000.000 is also the IP for many accounts without a dedicated IP

On that server are also 2 accounts with dedicated IPs:

The first account is on a dedicated IP 111.111.111.111
The second account is on a dedicated IP 222.222.222.222

If I buy 1 "Single IP License":

1. Will all of the sites on both shared and dedicated IPs on that 1 server be able to use the PlugIn?

2. If they all can use it, is it configurable on a site by site basis?

Thanks for your reply,
David

"Single IP License" means the plugin can only be installed on 1 server IP, you need 2 licenses ifi you want to install the plugin on 2 different servers.

Again, IDM is a user-level plugin, it can be configure for every single domain.

Can't get it to work!

Has anyone had any luck getting this plugin actually installed and functioning?

I think the question was can a server that has multiple IP's assigned to it,(dedicated IP's for other accounts) all use or is it just those on the shared IP?

"Single IP License" means the plugin can only be installed on 1 server IP, you need 2 licenses ifi you want to install the plugin on 2 different servers.

Again, IDM is a user-level plugin, it can be configure for every single domain.

I think the question was can a server that has multiple IP's assigned to it,(dedicated IP's for other accounts) all use or is it just those on the shared IP?
And the answer was clear, at least to me; it will work on all IP#s on the server.

Jeff

I believe UpAllNight was asking about multiple IP's because hehachris stated
""Single IP License" means the plugin can only be installed on 1 server IP""
so it was just for clarification

Back