Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Html5 Responsive Website Builder

Html5 Responsive Website Builder

Hi,

My name is Jason Brumwell founder of Lanbri.com. Over the last couple of months we've been developing a distributed html5 responsive website builder.

Currently were aiming to judge the interest of DirectAdmin hosting companies that would be interested in such a service.

A feature prototype demonstration is available on our website, http://www.Lanbri.com, as well as a beta signup form and ways that the industry can stand behind the concept.

Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding the service. I can be reached at JBrumwell@readynetwork.ca or via telephone at 1-705-201-1333.

Best Regards,

Jason

Looks interesting, there is an online demo for do some test?

I did see on you site that is already integrated with DA, did you build a plugin? There is a directadmin demo-access for check it?

What would be in case the price?

Regards
    SeLLeRoNe - Andrea Iannucci
    DevOps Engineer - System Administrator
    If you need my support write me an E-Mail to Support@CrazyNetwork.it

Hi SeLLeRoNe,

Were currently determining the interest in the directadmin community, I have built plugins for directadmin before and do not foresee a problem in doing so for this system.

There isn't a demo currently online, we are working on an beta release in the next couple of months.

As for pricing, were looking cost effective enough that most hosting companies could absorb the cost into their current hosting plans or charge an additional fee for access.

As a software as a service, even if you allow access to all new hosting clients to absorb the costs it would only charge you for the clients that create and publish a website.

There would be no charge for people that build website's from the homepage and do not checkout/publish or clients that start creating a site through their control panel but do not publish it.

Thanks for your questions, SeLLeRoNe and I hope to see you sign up for the beta at Lanbri.com!

Best Regards,

Jason Brumwell

Regarding pricing: I would only be interested if there was ONE license per server IP and that it would be a life time licenses. Also I don't think I am interested unless everything is open source. I am not willing to take any risk that your company does not exist in the future, but if it was open source, that would be a insurance for me.

I would be interested in it but as an owned license for the entire server.

@ditto: The directadmin plugin would be open source, there is no software loaded onto any of your servers. The plugin will load an html5 application from our servers and then allow your clients to build their websites, after which on publish it will create a package to be delivered to your server.

@scsi: The pricing will be based on a client basis as a recurring charge while they have access to it. The pricing will be very competitive so that it can be absorbed into the cost of the hosting account or charged as an extra service. It will only charge for users who utilize the service and publish a site with it, it is not a per site charge but a per client.

There is no per server charges, once the vendor account is created you can install the plugin on any server you wish.

I've been looking for a good sitebuilder for a long time, but feel I owe it to you to tell you some of my concerns.

There are good reasons working against your pricing model:

Webhosting is very competitive, and I'm not willing to give away a 4 sitebuilder with a 3 hosting package. I would expect at least a minimum free version to be available because if I'm not able to advertise sitebuilder included with hosting it's worthless to me. Putting it on my server means I have a support burden, and I wouldn't even bother to install it to make money per install with that burden.

Once the user creates the site it must run totally independently of your systems forever. Even if you disappear. Even if we discontinue future services and stop paying you. Why? It should be obvious: What happens if you go out of business? Now our client can no longer use the site he designed on our system. Who do you think is going to end up with the bad will.

Good luck, but remember there's a reason the previous companies in this market have gone out of the business; it's a perilous road. I will protect my good will from mishap.

And the part of your business I understand least is that you're presenting yourself as a commercial enterprise yet looking for donations. While there's nothing illegal about that, I just can't see the point as to why, as a webhost, would want to pay you money now so I can pay you money later.

Other opinions may vary; my understanding is that you're soliciting these kinds of comments. I do hope you'll respond; the industry needs an independent website builder.

I wanted to call you, but with young kids I figured it might not be the best time in Ontario for that now. Please feel free to call me; my number is below in my siglines.

Jeff
    +1 951 643-5345
    Third-Party DirectAdmin administration and support
    Dedicated Servers, Dedicated Reseller Accounts
    NoBaloney Internet Services div. Qnito Incorporated
    848 North Rainbow Blvd., Suite #3789
    Las Vegas, NV 89107-1103

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your input and yes I open to all comments, positive and negative. I'll try to address all your questions, but will give you a call as well once I'm completed.

A little background, our aim is to disrupt the current hold that sites like Yola.com, Weebly.com and Wix.com hold on the hosting industry, for non-technical users. By giving all hosting companies the ability to have to have users create products straight from their company pages and publish them on checkout, from within the control panel they would be able to create additional sites if needed and edit their current sites.

Pricing Model

Nothing is set in stone on the pricing model, there could be tiered levels, but the aim is to make to it affordable to all within reason. Having these features, should also increase sales in other areas, domains, ssl etc...

After Publishing

After publishing the site is delivered in standard html, css, images, etc.. there is nothing tying it to our services and the ability to edit the site could theoretically be removed without any harm to the site.

Crowdfunding

Crowdfunding the development allows us to increase development and get the product released sooner. In doing so we are offering perks to the companies that are early adopters and help support us to a finished product.

This project was originally an in house project for our web hosting company, Ready.ca, which during development became apparent that we could develop this as a service and allow other hosting companies the opportunity to compete in the diy niche of website hosting.

Thanks for your questions Jeff, and if I missed anything please let me know!

Best Regards,

Jason Brumwell

Thanks Jason. You've convinced me that I should follow the project. I'm still not too sure about the crowdsourcing bit, especially not knowing what it would cost, but I guess that's the whole concept of crowdsourcing.

Good luck. I'd love to see this become available.

Jeff
    +1 951 643-5345
    Las Vegas, NV 89107-1103

Thank you Jeff, I appreciate your comments, after speaking with you I'm looking at alternative perks that could be added to the crowdfunding to make it more appealing.

For example one that comes to mind would be a discount until the funds pledged are accumulated back.

As always if you have any thoughts, suggestions feel free to voice them.

Best Regards,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Lanbri View Post
    Tif you have any thoughts, suggestions feel free to voice them.
    Voice them, as in on the phone? If so feel free to call again. Or do you want me to post them here? Okay, here... soon enough I expect you'll tell me to not voice them .

I'd suggest a discount forever, or even a free account forever, depending on the size of the pledge. If you really need funding, then a few free accounts is a much better deal for you then never getting the money and a much better deal for all of us then never seeing the project completed.

On second thought, do call again, any time, your time or mine. Get me aboard .

Jeff
    +1 951 643-5345
    Las Vegas, NV 89107-1103

Hey Jeff,

I tried calling, but got your machine. I'll be out of town the next couple of days but will give you a call on Thursday or Friday. Were currently exploring a couple of funding arrangements which may mute the need for the crowdfunding. Its been an interesting 48 hours.

Best Regards,

Jason

I look forward to getting a call.

Jeff
    +1 951 643-5345
    Las Vegas, NV 89107-1103

Lanbri Status

What is the status for Lanbri
    Look very interesting.

Hi Pera,

Development is on-going, client side has mostly been refactored and were working on the backend now. I'm hoping for a Nov 1st initial beta release.

Thank you for your interest in the project.

Best Regards,

Jason

Hi Lanbri

I have a few questions

1. why you did not go down the route of wix.com if you have a responsive website builder as would this not have been more profitable. Is this not the same as offering a reseller program.

2. You mention responsive design as opposed to separate mobile site. Do you think that responsive has a better chance compared to dudamobile for example.

Regards

Language support ?
    New CyberAdmin Skin! DirectAdmin is just not the same without CyberAdmin skin. Give your customers the best web hosting control panel with the best skin in the market!

Whitelabel,Responsive,Beautiful,3 Intelligent navigation methods and maintained by professionals. Check it out:
    Spanish: http://www.cyberneticos.com/cyberadmin.php
    English : http://www.cyberneticos.com/en/cyberadmin.php

Quote Originally Posted by silko View Post
    1. why you did not go down the route of wix.com if you have a responsive website builder as would this not have been more profitable.
    The wix.com product is a hosting product. Lanbri's solution is a product DirectAdmin administrators can install on their server so they can sell their own hosted solution.

Since most of us here sell webhosting, I'm not sure we'd be interested in a solution which in effect competes with us .

Jeff
    +1 951 643-5345
    Las Vegas, NV 89107-1103

Certainly not
    New CyberAdmin Skin! DirectAdmin is just not the same without CyberAdmin skin. Give your customers the best web hosting control panel with the best skin in the market!

Whitelabel,Responsive,Beautiful,3 Intelligent navigation methods and maintained by professionals. Check it out:
    Spanish: http://www.cyberneticos.com/cyberadmin.php
    English : http://www.cyberneticos.com/en/cyberadmin.php

@silko, we operate a small hosting company, Ready.ca and set out to build a website builder for it, through development it became apparent that we could also offer the builder as a service to other hosting companies that would benefit them as well.

I wouldn't classify it as a reseller as clients will host and manage their own customers, our service will be transparent in that we provide the software for you to service your clients. But it could be argued either way, same as registrars are resellers from registries etc...

@cyberneticos Initially there will be support for English only but its being built with Multi-Language support as a core principal and should become available before were out of beta.

Thank you for your interest!

Best Regards,

Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast