Thread: In what order do I upload to update my website?

Lightbulb In what order do I upload to update my website?

Hello there,
    I've lost touch with the web designer! and would really appreciate some advice toward managing my website's update. I have files to upload (jpegs saved to web format + code, created in foxe XML editor). The upload means the inclusion of 7 more folders of images - its an online gallery of art portfolio - (about 5-6 images per folder), bumping down the current images so that the most recent are at the beginning (see - www.tracelements.co.nz). What order should I follow in making the changes? Specifically, do I move images first then load xml? Of 17 folders the last 7 are empty in readiness for those which are to be bumped down. At this point any sense of what's to happen next, departs!
    Thanks for any help, happy to go over details if anyone's willing to engage,
    Cheers, tracelements PS: I do not get the random question thing - is it like a cryptic crossword clue?

Read this: http://www.site-helper.com/

Regards
    SeLLeRoNe - Andrea Iannucci
    DevOps Engineer - System Administrator
    If you need my support write me an E-Mail to Support@CrazyNetwork.it

Quote Originally Posted by SeLLeRoNe View Post
    Read this: http://www.site-helper.com/

Regards
    Thankyou SeLLeRoNe, I have paid special attention to File Manager (and Back-up). It's clear that I must 1. upload new image files, 2. rename existing image files and 3. upload the updated xml.

The copy facility requires that I overwrite existing files. This isn't copying! What I planned was to copy existing folders to where-ever they're copied to in HD web control, then rename the copied folders, then upload new folders, and finally move all new and renamed folders into public_html, before uploading the new xml codes and deleting the superseded folders/contents.

Why doesn't the copy option offer a 'copy to' destination? Am I on a right track? Or am I looking at the makings of a good dog's breakfast.

Grateful for your response(s),
    tracelements

Use FTP to upload your files. Much easier.

Remember to upload your website into public_html folder

Regards
    SeLLeRoNe - Andrea Iannucci
    DevOps Engineer - System Administrator
    If you need my support write me an E-Mail to Support@CrazyNetwork.it

Quote Originally Posted by tracelements View Post
    Thankyou SeLLeRoNe, I have paid special attention to File Manager (and Back-up). It's clear that I must 1. upload new image files, 2. rename existing image files and 3. upload the updated xml.

The copy facility requires that I overwrite existing files. This isn't copying! What I planned was to copy existing folders to where-ever they're copied to in HD web control, then rename the copied folders, then upload new folders, and finally move all new and renamed folders into public_html, before uploading the new xml codes and deleting the superseded folders/contents.

Why doesn't the copy option offer a 'copy to' destination? Am I on a right track? Or am I looking at the makings of a good dog's breakfast.

Grateful for your response(s),
    tracelements
    Okay and thankyou. Off to the strains (or is that strings?) of Snow White's dwarves