In what order do I upload to update my website?

tracelements

Hello there,
I've lost touch with the web designer! and would really appreciate some advice toward managing my website's update. I have files to upload (jpegs saved to web format + code, created in foxe XML editor). The upload means the inclusion of 7 more folders of images - its an online gallery of art portfolio - (about 5-6 images per folder), bumping down the current images so that the most recent are at the beginning (see - www.tracelements.co.nz). What order should I follow in making the changes? Specifically, do I move images first then load xml? Of 17 folders the last 7 are empty in readiness for those which are to be bumped down. At this point any sense of what's to happen next, departs!
Thanks for any help, happy to go over details if anyone's willing to engage,
Cheers, tracelements PS: I do not get the random question thing - is it like a cryptic crossword clue?

Thankyou SeLLeRoNe, I have paid special attention to File Manager (and Back-up). It's clear that I must 1. upload new image files, 2. rename existing image files and 3. upload the updated xml.

The copy facility requires that I overwrite existing files. This isn't copying! What I planned was to copy existing folders to where-ever they're copied to in HD web control, then rename the copied folders, then upload new folders, and finally move all new and renamed folders into public_html, before uploading the new xml codes and deleting the superseded folders/contents.

Why doesn't the copy option offer a 'copy to' destination? Am I on a right track? Or am I looking at the makings of a good dog's breakfast.

Grateful for your response(s),
tracelements

Thankyou SeLLeRoNe, I have paid special attention to File Manager (and Back-up). It's clear that I must 1. upload new image files, 2. rename existing image files and 3. upload the updated xml.

The copy facility requires that I overwrite existing files. This isn't copying! What I planned was to copy existing folders to where-ever they're copied to in HD web control, then rename the copied folders, then upload new folders, and finally move all new and renamed folders into public_html, before uploading the new xml codes and deleting the superseded folders/contents.

Why doesn't the copy option offer a 'copy to' destination? Am I on a right track? Or am I looking at the makings of a good dog's breakfast.

Grateful for your response(s),
tracelements

Okay and thankyou. Off to the strains (or is that strings?) of Snow White's dwarves :)

Back