Evolution skin beta eta?

ViAdCk

Verified User
Hi,

Any idea when the new skin will change from alpha to beta and to start using it serverwide?

Some clients are insisting in using the new skin and we also are waiting to create new support articles for our clients with the new skin.

A realistic time estimation would be useful to give our clients some information.

Thanks!

It's quite stable in our tests, some features are still missing though (RTL translation support, full responsiveness). So, I think we might have beta1 this-next week, what do you think about it? :)

It's quite stable in our tests, some features are still missing though (RTL translation support, full responsiveness). So, I think we might have beta1 this-next week, what do you think about it? :)

Good news!

We are also waiting after the new skin to update / make new articles in our knowledge base and put a demo link on our website.

I'm more concerned actually to run directadmin with pre-release binaries on production servers, not so much about little bugs in the control panel.

It would be great if the skin works correctly (with maybe some bugs) on the latest stable directadmin version.

Thanks, I saw it yesterday.

Is it possible to run this beta on a stable directadmin version or is it necessary to run pre-release binaries? I'm not really fan of running pre-release binaries on production servers, hence the question.

It still requires pre-release binaries (we have not noticed any issues with it). It will not require them anymore when the skin in provided together with DA binaries (likely with RC/stable release).

Ok thanks for your answer. I also have a question/suggestion regarding the language packs included. We have completed the spanish translation but right now we need to upload this translation individually to each server whenever the po file is updated.

It would be great if directadmin could ship with these additional languages directly (we would maintain the spanish language pack for example) or some other way of easily distributing this on all our directadmin servers.

Ok thanks for your answer. I also have a question/suggestion regarding the language packs included. We have completed the spanish translation but right now we need to upload this translation individually to each server whenever the po file is updated.

It would be great if directadmin could ship with these additional languages directly (we would maintain the spanish language pack for example) or some other way of easily distributing this on all our directadmin servers.

I recommend creating a repository on GitHub where others can contribute and warn/make corrections and we can create a complete and neutral Spanish translation, which Directadmin can integrate as an official, I do not think they want to include a private version of a user in their translations. We downloaded from Dropbox your last version published in another thread and we have made some corrections, although right now it is very outdated.

Example of Russian translation by s0laris: https://github.com/tuthost/directadmin-evolution-ru

However, I believe that Directadmin would be interested in using some collaborative online tool for these purposes, for example: https://crowdin.com

I recommend creating a repository on GitHub where others can contribute and warn/make corrections and we can create a complete and neutral Spanish translation, which Directadmin can integrate as an official, I do not think they want to include a private version of a user in their translations. We downloaded from Dropbox your last version published in another thread and we have made some corrections, although right now it is very outdated.

Example of Russian translation by s0laris: https://github.com/tuthost/directadmin-evolution-ru

However, I believe that Directadmin would be interested in using some collaborative online tool for these purposes, for example: https://crowdin.com

We have been updating the language file internally, but haven't uploaded it dropbox.

I really don't care if it's a collaborative effort or a specific user taking care of the language pack, my suggestion is more related on how to implement a language pack with ease on a fleet of servers. Right now it's a nightmare to update each server manually when the language file needs to be updated.

Back