AWStats Plugin for DA [version 3.0+]

Does this mean that if you were to install the plugin and have awstats run for a site, you would still have webalizer run for the same site? Wouldn't this duplication of web stats cause high server load.

Jon

Cannot see awstats as reseller/user / cannot login to view stats

First, let me thank you for creating/updating this plugin!

I have a small problem, which could be related to DA itself but I'll post it in this thread since it 'started' with version 2.1.9.

I've had 2.1.9. installed for about 6 months now.

I have one 'admin' user and several 'reseller' users.
For my own domains I use one 'reseller' user.

A few days ago I registered a new domain and added this to DA.
Today I wanted to enable AWSTATS for this domain, but when I logged into my Reseller user account I couldn't find the 'awstats' section. (Neither in Reseller level or in User level).

I logged into the 'ADMIN' account and saw the 'plugin manager' button just fine and also the 'AWSTATS statistics' Link.
I clicked on it and the reseller user was checked.

I thought perhaps this has to do with this version of the AWSTATS plugin so I uninstalled it and installed version 3.0.2.

The installation itself, overall, went smoothly. I now have two problems:

1) I still cannot see a plugin section / awstats section when logged in as reseller, thus making it impossible for me to enable/disable awstats for a particular domain.
2) when i go to domain.com/awstats I get a prompt to put in a username/password , but no matter what I fill in it will not accept my credentials.
Previously I had password protected the directory and those credentials don't seem to work anymore either.

Can anybody shine some light on what I could possibly be doing wrong here?
Am I overlooking something?

EDIT: I can now access the awstats page because I found that the .htpasswd file was responsible for prompting for username and password. I have now protected the folder instead with a new password and can now access the AWSTATS webpages.

I still would like to know why I cannot see or set AWSTATS preferences when logged in as reseller/user.

Last edited:
plugin didnt work for me, tried everything on this thread, simply didnt work,. Im gonna try and get teh old one off my other server. I dont see how anyone had this working right o9ff, ive tried it on 3 different centos/rhel servers and same thing.

guess ill try again

Last edited:
UPDATE: Got it working after I updated it. I originally installed about 2 weeks ago, I take it there was an update?, thanks for this plugin

Does this mean that if you were to install the plugin and have awstats run for a site, you would still have webalizer run for the same site? Wouldn't this duplication of web stats cause high server load.

Jon

If you want to disable webalizer then put "webalizer=0" in your directadmin config in /usr/local/directadmin/conf and it should disable it. Can do the same for the log rotating by just adding "rotation=0" but you would need to have another log rotation program in place or your logs will end up getting huge.

Probably shouldn't turn off Webalizer..some users may not want to use AWStats (though I don't know why..lol).

I installed this plugin and it worked great up untill a week ago. Now stats are being updated for only one domain out of 8 on the server. All domains have awstats enabled, but just won't update everyday, but for one domain they get updated everyday. I have looked in the da cron file all entries are there as they are supposed to be, all domains had stats working and updated before with this same plugin, I have not changed anything and cross checked everything. Please help thanks.

Last edited:
I installed this plugin and it worked great up untill a week ago. Now stats are being updated for only one domain out of 8 on the server. All domains have awstats enabled, but just won't update everyday, but for one domain they get updated everyday. I have looked in the da cron file all entries are there as they are supposed to be, all domains had stats working and updated before with this same plugin, I have not changed anything and cross checked everything. Please help thanks.

Obviously if it worked a week ago and doesn't now, SOMETHING changed. The script would not suddenly NOT work....is Cron running? Has the directadmin cron been altered? Are there any log entries for those other domains? Is the tally running before the Awstats updates(that will certain cause it not to update).

Try running it manually from the CLI and see if it shows any errors.

Does anybody have any idea why I don't see the plugin as a reseller or user?

Yes , on the Administrator-level I have enabled those users to be allowed to run this plugin. I just have no way of configuring it as a reseller or user.

Not quite sure why you don't see the AWStats plugin under each clients User screen. It can't be configured as a "reseller" vs "user". The admin part is only available to the DA Admin login...you then just activate the plug in for each user. If you followed the install procedures correctly, you should be able to simply log in as the DA Admin and select all users and save and it will be available to them. Then adding the custom override for creating new users, should automatically enable it as you add new users (whether you do it or the resellers do it).

When I login the Admin area I enable it for all users. This part seems to go just fine.
When I login as a user, I don't 'see' the AWSTATS plugin in the control panel.

When I go to the link" http://domainname.com:2222/CMD_PLUGINS/awstats" as a user I can configure the AWSTATS options.

So it's just a matter of not 'seeing' the link visible in the control panel as an AWSTATS enabled user.

*puzzled*

No clue why it is not working for you. THis is something I've never seen. Have this plugin on dozens of servers and never seen that happen.

Hi!

i add in crontab:

0 0/6 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

he don't work... :(

i don't want modify....

10 0 * * * root echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

it's possible?

First, I don't recommend running it 4 times a day...why bother? I've never seen anyone really need the stats that quickly.

If you must, create 4 seperate updates:

0 6 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

0 12 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

0 18 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

and the final one with TALLY and Webalizer pushed off till it's done:

10 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Hello,

My experience... plugin installation went fine, but setup for my first domain not so.

Code:
Checking if there is already something installed..
Creating AwStats dir on domain
Setting Directory PermissionsChecking if awstats files are availableError linking lib dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/lib from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/libError linking icon dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/icon from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/iconError linking lang dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/lang from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/langError linking plugin dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/plugins from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/plugins
Checking for AwStats itself
Going to install the awstats.pl
Warning: copy(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 76 Error linking awstats.pl /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
(Re-)Activating CGI for dir
Doing an extra permission setting through shell..+(Re-)Setting permissions
Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 100 Warning: chown(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 101 Doing an extra permission setting through shell..Done
Now (re-)creating your configuration file.

Default password protection set.
Userid: domaintest
Password: default

It is EXTREMELY recommended that you use the Tune AwStats and modify the default values immediately!

Config file has been created and your statistics are now setup!

You can now view the statistics for your domain at: domaintest.com/awstats/

Using Redhat OS, with DA 1.29, PHP(CLI) for DA engine and Apache 2 + PHP4 + PHP5 + suPHP for web users.

Last edited:
Hello,

My experience... plugin installation went fine, but setup for my first domain not so.

Code:
Checking if there is already something installed..
Creating AwStats dir on domain
Setting Directory Permissions
Checking if awstats files are available
Error linking lib dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/lib from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lib
Error linking icon dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/icon from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/icon
Error linking lang dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/lang from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lang
Error linking plugin dir /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/plugins from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/plugins
Checking for AwStats itself
Going to install the awstats.pl
Warning: copy(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 76 
Error linking awstats.pl /home/domaintest/domains/domaintest.com/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
(Re-)Activating CGI for dir
Doing an extra permission setting through shell..+(Re-)Setting permissions
Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 100 Warning: chown(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 101 Doing an extra permission setting through shell..Done
Now (re-)creating your configuration file.

Default password protection set.
Userid: domaintest
Password: default

It is EXTREMELY recommended that you use the Tune AwStats and modify the default values immediately!

Config file has been created and your statistics are now setup!

You can now view the statistics for your domain at: domaintest.com/awstats/

Using Redhat OS, with DA 1.29, PHP(CLI) for DA engine and Apache 2 + PHP4 + PHP5 + suPHP for web users.

Since I don't use Apache2, php5 or suPHP, can't say that it's supported by the plugin, though I don't why it wouldn't work. But looking at the output above, it did not install correctly...symlinks didn't get created..this could be something to do with suPHP.

I eventually had to delete everything and go back to the old plugin to make everything work. I thought it was working at first but then it wouldn't update, would get all kinds of permission errors when it tried-even when you chmodded what was necessary, couldn't update from web-permissions errors.

I first tested this on fresh centos Os 4.4 system, running apache2. The same day I got the server I tried to install the plugin and didn't work, so its not like Ive got something weird in there messing it up. After trying to install it on this server it was a mess uninstalling and reinstalling the old one so on my newest server I just installed the old one and works better.

So this plugin doesn't work with every system, it may just be apache2 or whatever but the old one works fine with them all

Since I don't use Apache2, php5 or suPHP, can't say that it's supported by the plugin, though I don't why it wouldn't work. But looking at the output above, it did not install correctly...symlinks didn't get created..this could be something to do with suPHP.

Hello,

I suspect some misconfiguration due to upload or something like that. Why the archive would be missing that file then ?

I already had such a problem with skins, I had to install them manually.

Let's investigate.

I eventually had to delete everything and go back to the old plugin to make everything work. I thought it was working at first but then it wouldn't update, would get all kinds of permission errors when it tried-even when you chmodded what was necessary, couldn't update from web-permissions errors.

I first tested this on fresh centos Os 4.4 system, running apache2. The same day I got the server I tried to install the plugin and didn't work, so its not like Ive got something weird in there messing it up. After trying to install it on this server it was a mess uninstalling and reinstalling the old one so on my newest server I just installed the old one and works better.

So this plugin doesn't work with every system, it may just be apache2 or whatever but the old one works fine with them all

Well, I've installed this version on several servers since I updated it and have had no problems. None running Apache2 though.

Why was it a mess to uninstall? It's fairly self contained..you just uninstall it from the DA plugins panel, then go in and delete the /plugins/awstats directory, and the /etc/awstats/*.conf files.

Then reinstall an older version.

Unfortunately, I did not write this from scratch..I simply modified the original to fix issues I saw for my own use and re-released it back out for others. The script is "use at your own risk" and if it works, great...if not...well, dig into the code like I did and see why not. :)

Here's the code from the /user/index.html file that generates the error messages:

PHP:
echo "Checking if awstats files are available";

if (file_exists("$location/lib")) echo ".";
else { symlink("$dir/cgi-bin/lib","$location/lib"); 
   if (file_exists("$location/lib")) echo "+"; 
   else echo "<b>Error linking lib dir $location/lib from $dir/cgi-bin/lib";
}
if (file_exists("$location/icon")) echo ".";
else { symlink("$dir/cgi-bin/icon","$location/icon");
   if (file_exists("$location/icon")) echo "+";
   else echo "<b>Error linking icon dir $location/icon from $dir/cgi-bin/icon";
}
if (file_exists("$location/lang")) echo ".";
else { symlink("$dir/cgi-bin/lang","$location/lang"); 
        if (file_exists("$location/lang")) echo "+";
        else echo "<b>Error linking lang dir $location/lang from $dir/cgi-bin/lang";
 }
if (file_exists("$location/plugins")) echo ".";
else { symlink("$dir/cgi-bin/plugins","$location/plugins"); 
        if (file_exists("$location/plugins")) echo "+";
        else echo "<b>Error linking plugin dir $location/plugins from $dir/cgi-bin/plugins";
}

As you can see, it simply checks to see if the directories exist, else attempts to create the symlinks. If that fails, it generates an error. Very straight forward.

My thought is this, either you failed to run the awstats/update/update.sh script, or it failed to install Awstats properly and you failed to notice.

Back