DNS error

webilix

Verified User
Hi,

I am useing Fedora and DirectAdmin on my server and it looks like every thing work fine in my server, but there is a problem for one (and just one!) ISP connections (ADSL, Dialup and etc ...), sometimes when I use this ISP to connect to Internet and check my sites I got DNS Failer error but at the same time there is no error with other conections from othet ISPs.

Whould you please tell me how can I find that is this my HOSTING problem or this is something wrng in ISP!?

Best Regurds

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like the ISP that does not find your server, has a DNS problem. Perhaps your domain(s) have not propagated to their servers yet, I have heard of some ISPs updating once a week, which would mean it could take a week before your domain is visible to their DNS servers.

You can check your domain settings via dnsreport.com, and if there are any errors reported, those should be fixed.

You could also see the DNS servers used by that ISP and try using dig or nslookup to query them for your domainname.
Code:
dig @your_isp_dns_server yourdomainname
or
nslookup yourdomainname your_isp_dns_server
If they don't return any info for your domain, then that is a problem. You should also try other DNS servers and make sure they return the correct information.

Back