Custom Apache Build System

sayaendo said:
Hi Webcart,

Thank you for your information.
Maybe my question was vague.
I would like to know what line I need to add.

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.domxml.php

The server is live and I do not want to mess it up.:(

Best Regards,

Don't worry, you wont mess anything up :) Your current config will keep working until you do Apache restart, meaning you can try compiling the new config and if it fails in the middle, it will not affect anything. If it compiles OK, but doesn't bring Apache up after restart, just remove the lines you added and make a build again. You will revert to the original set up.

Regarding exact config lines: it would depend on the OS you use and your current system configuration.
The following might be sufficient:
Code:
--with-dom \
--with-dom-xslt \

make sure you have libxml and libxslt installed, though.

Hi Webcart,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Just two more questions, please.
1. How do I know if libxml and libxslt are installed or not?

2. If not, how can I install them?
Do I need to download from
http://xmlsoft.org/ ?

Best Regards,

:p

sayaendo said:
Hi Webcart,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Just two more questions, please.
1. How do I know if libxml and libxslt are installed or not?

2. If not, how can I install them?
Do I need to download from
http://xmlsoft.org/ ?

Best Regards,

:p

It would help to know your OS ;)

sayaendo said:
Hi Webcart,

OS is Fedora Core2.

I believe you should have them available in RPMs.

To check whether you have these RPMs already installed, type
Code:
rpm -q -a | grep libxml 
rpm -q -a | grep libxslt

Hope that helps.

Hi,

libxslt-1.1.5.1 is installed.

However after I did ./build php, I've got error and it says:

Checking for DOM EXSLT support ... no not found
Configure error: Please reinstall the libxslt >= 1.0.3 distribution.

What's wrong with it?

Best Regards,

sayaendo said:
However after I did ./build php, I've got error and it says:
Checking for DOM EXSLT support ... no not found
Configure error: Please reinstall the libxslt >= 1.0.3 distribution.
What's wrong with it?

PHP build script can't find libxslt library. Find out where it is installed and add that path to --with-dom-xslt like this:
Code:
--with-dom-xslt=/PATH/TO/libxslt

That's the theory ;), but if you unpack a source package in the same folder as the other DA modules it should work.

interfasys said:
That's the theory ;), but if you unpack a source package in the same folder as the other DA modules it should work.

Actually, unpacking and using source of 3rd party library looks like a hard way of doing things to me: it might require other libraries, which you will have to download, unpack and [statically] compile with it. Or it might require dynamically linked libraries, which should be already installed on the system. If required dynamically linked libraries aren't available, the build will be completed successfully, but Apache won't start.

Using RPMs eliminates such problems because any RPM should include information about package dependencies.
Since libxslt is already installed on that system, it is now only necessary to provide the correct path to the library.

On FreeBSD systems it may not be as easy. Even though there is ports, it doesn't always work well fo PHP. It seems some packages have to be built with special instructions for "build" to work.

interfasys said:
On FreeBSD systems it may not be as easy. Even though there is ports, it doesn't always work well fo PHP. It seems some packages have to be built with special instructions for "build" to work.

Well, we are taking about FC2 right now :)
Could you still give me example of what couldn't be compiled from ports? I might have tips for you as well ;)

Well, PHP 4.3.11 doesn't compile, but it's another problem (zlib detection is broken).

With 4.3.10, with-dom doesn't work per example. It always returns not found, no matter what path I throw at it (none, /usr/local/, /usr/local/lib/, etc.)

It used to work though, so someone did a good job last time ;). The funny thing is that almost no custom install work except GD and freetype (from ports). I wonder if this has something to do with compat4 or compat/linux

interfasys said:
Well, PHP 4.3.11 doesn't compile, but it's another problem (zlib detection is broken).

With 4.3.10, with-dom doesn't work per example. It always returns not found, no matter what path I throw at it (none, /usr/local/, /usr/local/lib/, etc.)

It used to work though, so someone did a good job last time ;). The funny thing is that almost no custom install work except GD and freetype (from ports). I wonder if this has something to do with compat4 or compat/linux

Guess you updated the ports and found some broken build scripts. It sometimes happens, especially if you are lucky :)

I don't think it has anything to do with Linux compatibility, though.
Try using --with-dom without any path. It should use built-in extension then. Also, consider using packages rather than ports when installing libraries.

If you need more detailed help, please let us know exact version of FreeBSD, installed packages/ports and a full error message.

sayaendo said:
The same result. :(

PM complete output of the build and the output of the following commands:
Code:
uname -a
rpm -q -a
locate xslt

EDITED: and the content of configure.php file.

Last edited:
GD 2.0.33?

Hello,

I did

./build clean
./build update
./build all

It compiles succesfully. After that I install Zend.

In <? phpinfo() ?>, gd is still showing:
Gd Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

But the one being compiled is gd-2.0.33.

Is there a step I missed?

Did you say yes to everything when it asked if you wanted to rebuild libraries even though they were installed?

If gd and other application sources have been updated you can just run ./build php

Back