Custom Apache Build System

Feature Request: Freetype

I'd just like to add my feature request for FreeType to be installed by default with PHP.

I really like what I've seen of DirectAdmin so far! :D

[Tue Oct 21 01:32:48 2003] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Tue Oct 21 01:32:48 2003] [error] Cannot remove module mod_frontpage.c: not found in module list
[Tue Oct 21 01:32:56 2003] [error] Cannot remove module mod_frontpage.c: not found in module list
[Tue Oct 21 01:32:56 2003] [notice] Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/4.3.3 mod_perl/1.27 FrontPage/5.0.2.2623 configured -- resuming normal operations

is there anything that i should be worried ?

how do i remove that error? tried commenting several lines on frontpage...error still shows up

Hey there :eek:)

Does the customapache script allow for command line PHP installation? And if not, what configure option can I give to enable that during upgrade?

Thanks!

Hello,

re: php compile: you can customize the configure line for php by editing the /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/configure.php file, then running ./build php.

re: frontpage error: You don't need to be worried, but some commenting should fix the problem... you can send us your root info if you want us to have a look.

John

Have you guys not considered the CPANEL type of APACHE build?
It works wonders and is really good..

Just my few cents to make this CP even better.

s.h.a.zz.y said:
Have you guys not considered the CPANEL type of APACHE build?
It works wonders and is really good..

Just my few cents to make this CP even better.

The menu used in it is open source.. Its also used for Apache Tool Box for choosing modules..

I guess it wouldn't be bad so there could be several optional Apache modules that could be installed by selection..

The Prohacker said:
The menu used in it is open source.. Its also used for Apache Tool Box for choosing modules..

I guess it wouldn't be bad so there could be several optional Apache modules that could be installed by selection..

Yeah I would like a base install and add anything that I need, instead of having to choose whats on offer.

-Shazad

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

Noted. There are a few options with our build script. Just type:

./build

John

This is already something good, but i think what everyone means is a system to select additional modules, as example i'll take my server. 1 costumer needs libpdf to be compiled with PHP, this requires freetype, gd, libjpeg, libpng and some more...
What everyone means is a (perhaps ncurses based) menu system so that they can select what modules need to be installed with, and that when that's done a script runs to see if those modules are already installed, and if not, downloads and installs them.
Then rewrites the ./configure for php and starts compiling.
I know that this can be done, but is quite hard to do.
Maybe the menu system for kernel compile can be adapted easier than making an entire system for it.

Hello,

Just a reply to those who might have had problems with -lltdl when compiling php, to run:

ln -s libltdl.so.3 /usr/lib/libltdl.so

(assuming /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3 exists) If not, you can get libtool-libs
from files.directadmin.com/services/<os>/libtool-libs-<version>.i386.rpm

John

I'm running DA on a UML-based VDS, and got this:

/etc/init.d/httpd: line 48: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Invalid argument
/etc/init.d/httpd: line 49: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Invalid argument

What does it mean?

Cheers,
Matt

Hello,

We currently use:

ulimit -S -n #

you can try editing the /etc/init.d/httpd file and use

ulimit -n #

to see if that makes any difference

Re: static php: I havn't done php as static.. can't say. It will probably involve adding a "-static" flag somewhere

John

:confused: I did what you suggested but httpd still fails to restart, and doesn't even give error messages this time... :confused:

Matt

ctnchris said:
Where exactly do I add the configure lines for freetype?

Before ./build all, you must edit configure.php with an text editor (this is the php ./configure).
To do this, freetype must have already been installed on the server.

Back