Internal Server Error formmail.pl

tricky

Hi,

I've got a problem with my formmail.pl. if i push the send button the following errormssg pops up

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.julescashford.com Port 80

I've adjusted the following variables:

$mailprog = '/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -t';

@referers = ('scriptarchive.com','209.196.21.3');

@recipients = ('^info\@tricky\.dds\.nl');

@valid_ENV = ('REMOTE_HOST','REMOTE_ADDR','REMOTE_USER','HTTP_USER_AGENT');

I'm try'd almost everything but i really don't know what i'm doing wrong. :confused:

Already thnx for your time and effort

Greetz Tricky

Try reading the log file as the message says. It could be a permissions problem or perhaps perl is located in a different directory than the script thinks. Without reading the error log, it is too hard to figure out.

It did work, but because of some error the script disappeared.

I just putted the script back where it was standing before.

I can’t find the perl location in the formmail.pl script is it possible to change this?

toml said:
Try reading the log file as the message says. It could be a permissions problem or perhaps perl is located in a different directory than the script thinks.

I just putted the script back where it was standing before.

I can’t find the perl location in the formmail.pl script is it possible to change this?

Without reading the error log, it is too hard to figure out.

Yeah I know that, but as I already mentioned it did work. I didn't upload the previous script. So the owner of this website asked me to take a look. But I thought i configured everything right but it doesn’t work :S

Useually scripts have the interpreter as the first line in the form of:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
The #! tells the system that what follows is the program to use to interpret the script, in this case it will use /usr/bin/perl if your perl is somewhere else, then that is where it is changed to match the location.

toml said:
Useually scripts have the interpreter as the first line in the form of:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
The #! tells the system that what follows is the program to use to interpret the script, in this case it will use /usr/bin/perl if your perl is somewhere else, then that is where it is changed to match the location.

Okay, thnx, i just thought that was only comment because of the # symbol. i'm gonna try it right away

i just looked at it but the path to also usr/bin/perl so that isn't the problem :(

The previous script was located in the CGI folder I putted the script back in that folder. Is this correct, its a perl script which is standing in de CGI folder.

Last edited:
Look at the log files, even if it worked before, something changed and the log files will tell you exactly what it thinks is going on.

The top line of every executable script in a posix-compatible OS (linux/unix, for example) is called the shebang line, and the #! is called the shebang. It tells the script the path of the interpetor.

There's a difference betweeen usr/ and /usr; could that be your problem?

The formmail.pl script was NOT supplied by DA so this forum isn't the right place to get support on it.

You can find the script I offer at the NoBaloney Internet Services download site, and if you do be sure to read both README files to get it to work.

The log files will include the error, but you may not have the rights to read it.

Jeff

Back