GoDaddy SSL Not Working

Where is this in DirectAdmin? Is it at the admin, reseller or user level? I cannot see it.

Thanks.

chasjs, it is in the user section. The link would be something like:

https://your-da.com:2222/CMD_ADDITIONAL_DOMAINS?action=view&domain=yourdomain.com

your-da.com is the address for your DA server.
yourdomain.com is the domain you are trying to edit.

If you have a really old template then it might not show the labels properly. Mine does not show it properly, but it would just be two radio buttons at the bottom.

Where is this in DirectAdmin? Is it at the admin, reseller or user level? I cannot see it.

Thanks.
If you dont have ssl enabled for that domain, it wont be on the menu, also if it doesn't have a dedicated IP, it wont do much good :)

sorry, I meant, ssl enabled thru DA so it is an option for the user?

chasjs, it is in the user section. The link would be something like:

https://your-da.com:2222/CMD_ADDITIONAL_DOMAINS?action=view&domain=yourdomain.com

your-da.com is the address for your DA server.
yourdomain.com is the domain you are trying to edit.

If you have a really old template then it might not show the labels properly. Mine does not show it properly, but it would just be two radio buttons at the bottom.

Percy:

Thanks for the tip.

My Templates should not be that old but nothing is showing up in my panels.

Arrrgh!!!!

I figured it out. Percy your comment about the old template gave me the clue. I had the user skin set to "default". I changed it to enhanced and the domain setup showed up. I was able to make the change.

Andy, I did have the SSL enabled for the user in DA. Everything was working. I just did not want to manage duplicated copies of all the files. It gets kind of tedious.

I am pretty good at windows administration but I will be the first to Admit that I am weak on Linux. We are putting up an OScommerce site for a client as a test of using open source shopping carts.

Glad you got it. :)
I too have had to setup carts for clients, after playing a lot with OSC and Zen, I ended up going with Zencart, I have several nicely modified sites and have spent much time with it.
OSC is a good script, zen's template system is confusing with overrides but once you get the hang of it it is very nice, many features and a good community support. :)

It seems every time I get a new SSL or renew an SSL certificate for a client I go through the same problems with DA and GoDaddy. I finally figured it out and have precise steps on how to do it again. Hopefully by sharing it with the world I can save others problems and myself later by having an offsite hard copy of the instructions somewhere...

1. Get your SSL Cert from GD.
2. Paste the contents of yourdomain.com.crt BELOW the RSA PRIVATE KEY (that should automatically be there) on the page https://yourdadomain.com:2222/CMD_SSL?DOMAIN=yourdomain.com.
3. Make sure you have the radio box "Paste a pre-generated certificate and key" selected.
4. Hit Save at the bottom.
5. After saving, it should say "Certificate and key files saved" or something like that. Then click on the "Click here" part of "Click Here to paste a CA Root Certificate".
6. Here's the tricky part. What you need to paste in this box is a combination of the file gd_intermediate_bundle.crt and gd-class2-root.crt. Not sure if the order matters, but I do it in the order listed above. You end up having 4 -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----/-----END CERTIFICATE-----. I will paste the 4 of them with the first and last lines of each certificate so you can double check to make sure you have the right ones.
7. Hit save.
8. Do NOT manually restart Apache from CLI or Service Monitor. I'm not sure why, but it seemed whenever I restarted/reloaded Apache manually it wouldn't work, but when I let DA do its thing, it did. I don't know if anything is happening in the background, maybe I'm just on drugs, but I know I tried these steps before but manually restarted Apache without any success.

Here's what it should look like:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIE3jCCA8agAwIBAgICAwEwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwYzELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMx
U+4=
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
MIIE+zCCBGSgAwIBAgICAQ0wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwgbsxJDAiBgNVBAcTG1Zh
SxOaFIqII6hR8INMqzW/Rn453HWkrugp++85j09VZw==
MIIC5zCCAlACAQEwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwgbsxJDAiBgNVBAcTG1ZhbGlDZXJ0
W/POuZ6lcg5Ktz885hZo+L7tdEy8W9ViH0Pd
MIIEADCCAuigAwIBAgIBADANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFADBjMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzEh
ReYNnyicsbkqWletNw+vHX/bvZ8=

Hopefully that helps people. For whatever reason just using gd_intermediate_bundle.crt didn't work for me, and this did...

-Percy

Thank You Percy.

Summary of Steps I took to get this to work...

Try the following if you plan on using a GoDaddy.com Certificate:

IMPORTANT: Follow the instructions from this URL: http://www.site-helper.com/ssl.html up to Step 3.

Upon reaching Step 3 (Install the Certificates) follow these steps:
*Make certain you have downloaded the xxxxx.com.zip file from GoDaddy.com onto your workstation - this is found on the GoDaddy.com SSL Manager window.

1. Open the xxxxxx.com.crt you downloaded from Godaddy.com using WordPad
  2. Copy and Paste this certificate under the RSA Private Key in Step 3
  • Open the gd_bundle.crt you downloaded from Godaddy.com using WordPad
  • Copy all 3 certificates and paste them into the CA Root Certificate window in Step 4

After you upload the xxxxx.com.crt file and the gd_bundle.crt file to the private_html directory on your webserver via FTP, your website should be secure.

I had to open and close both IE and Mozilla to reload the secure website but this appeared to work fine.

I did not need to SSH into the server to modify the httpd.conf file.

I hope this helps,

Eric Bergez :eek:
http://www.bcnonline.com

I believe you've left out a third stoep for the main cert (your top set of two points):

3. Save the Certificate.

You need to do that before you upload the CA Root Certificates.

Also, there is at least one circumstance we've found under which you may need to shell into your server: if you're installing a certificate on the main domain under your admin account it appears that DirectAdmin doesn't put the Root CA certificate(s) into the right place. I know it's explained somewhere either on these forums or in the DirectAdmin Knowledgebase but I don't remember exactly where.

Jeff

Back