DA User Tool

first of all thankyou.

I wanted to say that is has the server ip, but i cant create an user so that message appears when i try. i will check more deep..

Hmm. That is definitely odd. I'd check and verify all is as you suppose about the server IP.

Phi1.

Move a user from one reseller to another?

Phil,
I downloaded the script. I'm not clear as to the context that the script requires. Sorry for being noob.:rolleyes:
Is the script capable of moving a user from one reseller to another? If so could someone help me with context here?

Example :
User = user1

how to move user1 from reseller1 to reseller2?

thx
brandt

just a feature request, perhaps you can add this into your tool -- the ability to duplicate the packages of another reseller into a new reseller. it would make things even more easier for transferring things between resellers then. :)

anyway, this tool really helped me a lot. thanks a lot mate!

user from 1 reseller to another

Maybe possible to add the function: move user from 1 reseller to another?

Redeye,

Isn't that what the above example does? It should change the owner of user1 to reseller2.

Phi1.

l0rdphi1 said:
Redeye,

Isn't that what the above example does? It should change the owner of user1 to reseller2.

Phi1.

OMG, your right, i'm sorry, didn't read it. It worked, kiss, kiss, kiss.

when i change the user to another reseller, how can i set that user's IP address to the 2nd reseller's IP?

When admin, show all users. Click on the user you want to modify. At the top of the screen there will be buttons, click the one callsed modfy 'username'.
There is a drop down box of available ip addresses there somewhere.

i'm not assigning the user an IP, i want to change the user's ip from my main server IP to a reseller's main IP.

is it doable?

thanks

If I am understanding you correctly, just like I said above.

Admin > Show All users > user > Modify user > IP Drop down box

The IP drop down box will contain a list of ALL available ip addresses. Just select the ip address that is the main ip address for the reseller you want to assign him to and save your changes.

GXX said:
Can I use this tool to do this?

User has 2 different accounts with username1 and username2, non-resellers.

He wants to merge username1 and username2, making username2 the single account.

Is this possible?
Unfortunately, no. This tool can not do that. You will have to manually edit his configuration files and copy his domains directory over.

Phil.

I have upgraded an user to reseller without any problem, but change owner, it said cannot do with reseller or admin. So, I changed it back to user, set owner

perl dausertool.pl -o username username

then upgrade to reseller

perl dausertool.pl -r username

ok. But in DA, that user is still not in the user list. How can I fix this?

thanks

l0rdphi1 said:
Unfortunately, no. This tool can not do that. You will have to manually edit his configuration files and copy his domains directory over.

Phil.

I need to do exactly the same thing.

I need to merge 4 seperate accounts under one user account.

Can you elaborate on exactly how to do this please?

Thanks

BWH

In theory, probably lacking some details:

You would copy the contents of all other domains in their corresponding domains/ directory to the user you wanted to merge them to. (primary user)
Changing their permissions to match that of the pimary users.

Then you would add the domains to all the proper places in the primary user's DirectAdmin data files. The issue the command to DirectAdmin to rewrite all httpd.conf files. If you did everything right, it should pick up on the changes and add the necessary virtualhosts to the primary user reflecting the additional domains.

That is in a nutshell. Not to mention a similar process for email, MySQL, ........

Changing usernames

Hiya Phil,
I was just using this tool organizing users into resellers and all kinds of fun stuff.

THANKS! it's great!

But you posted earlier in the thread that changing the username would be easy. IS that possible with the current script? Or is that something else?

If it's possible please tell me how to do it.

Thanks again!
-brandt

I wonder if DA can make this tool availe in the DA admin with a GUI. It would be very useful this way.

Back