A way to allow custom output or tmp download

arbours

Verified User
I don't really know how to expose my problem, but here what I want to do.

I generate XLS and DOC document without my Pluggin I made here, and I would like to let the user download the file. But facing the problem, I cant do it the way im use to, since our pluggin php page are barely evaluated and put right in the middle of an another page, which already have header sent.

So what im looking is a solution, obviously im looking to NOT do the following :

Have to create a standalone user on the system, then do some kind of aliasing or other too much deep configuration for a friendly usage.

having to redisgn skin, which could impact on existing customer. That something to absolutly prevent..

I would be more looking for the following :

I way to skip (yes ive lookign into skin-dev but I havent found anything yet) the normal output and only let our php page be executed, as in the skin/template wouldnt be loaded neither evalued but only our main php file would be sent to client, so we could change header content type and output file directly.

or

a tmp folder, maybe working with getenv(USERNAME) policy so user can read/write file only within their user, so we could temp write a file, then make a link into a tmp folder within DA so the use could download the file report or something directly from DA. Then maybe put a little crond /andor/ delay that would automaticly clean files older than X amount of time.

This last solution look the more conveniant, transparent, and the more friendly for end user.

Ive been searching for 1 days now through forum, and I seem I cant find anything doing something similair as that (Let the user download file report from DA without any non-complex, `lucky you if you suceed to put up`, setup to acheive this.

Best Regard,
Steve

Hello,

For 100% output control use ".raw" files for your scripts and DA give you total socket access (byte-for-byte data relay anyway).
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=610

The feature is fairly new, which is likely why you couldn't find it ;)

FYI, for any features, try searching for keywords in on this page:
http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php
ie, in this case "plugin" would have narrowed it down to about 7 things ;)

John

Back