autumn25

Verified User
I have read every post on this topic and this is the info I have so far:

I'm using a GUI interface to connect: MySQL Turbo Manager 2.4

I'm using login: autumn25_user
Password: I know it's correct
server: 66.98.138.88
port: 2222

I tried port 3306 but it won't work. I went to my Windows 2000 command prompt and typed: telnet domain.com 3306 and it won't connect.

Please help me, I'm very frustrated.

Hello,

There might be 2 hoops you'll need to jump through if you're connecting from an external machine:

1) you have to make sure you don't have a firewall blocking the port
2) you have to add yourself to the "access hosts" (in the MySQL section of DA)

I just telnetted to port 3306, and it is open, so it's most likely #2. But you've mentioned it's blocked.. perhaps your isp is blocking it, or you have a router?... Not too sure.

John

Hi,

I did add my IP address to the Access Hosts section. I called Comcast (my ISP) and they said they are not blocking that port. So I guess I have a firewall. I don't really know that much about firewalls. Can I remove it?

Hello,

I've already connected to the port with the IP you've mentioned. You just have to add your own ip/host to the "Access hosts" in the mysql section of DirectAdmin.

John

Here's the error message I am receiving. I added my IP address, 68.61.242.197, to the access hosts sections.

Do you think I have a firewall? If so, do you have any idea if it is removable?

Attachments

• mysqlerror.gif
    mysqlerror.gif
    13 KB · Views: 301
if you have a dynamic ip address, you might want to set your host as % or the first 2 bits then % eg: 123.45.%

Back