[RELEASE] Ruby on Rails Direct Admin Plugin

Great! Thanks for releasing this. My only concern is it says Apache 1.3.x and I'm running Apache 2. Will it work?

No, apache 2 is not supported yet (mod_fastcgi). It should be available in the next couple versions.

Justin

Last edited:
Arrghh!! Such a long wait to find an incompatibility. Will you be developing it for Apache 2? I imagine many people have upgraded to Apache 2 and will want this plugin.

Looks great, nice work :)
Can't wait until apache2 is supported so we could start offering this to our users.

I need a machine with apache2 on it to test, so if anyone wants to offer one up to have it done on, that's the only way it will get completed.

I'm happy to report that our plugin now supports Apache2. Thanks to Mike for donating his server to science.

Justin

Last edited:
can anybody vouch for the usability for the plugin?

anybody care to do a review?

i'm looking for

pluses, minuses, etc...

Thanks.
Hao.

All I can say is that the support has been very good :)

Now what would be really nice is the ability to turn it on/off for users / hosting packages..

We are currently working on a solution for that right now, but that feature will honestly be a while.

Thanks for the kind words about our support.

Justin.

vandal said:
We are currently working on a solution for that right now, but that feature will honestly be a while.

Could you define "a while"? Are we talking a couple of weeks or 6 months? :)

vandal said:

Thanks for the kind words about our support.

You stuck with it and got it working !

Can't give any definative date, first it's any bug fixes that come up, but ruby on/off is at the top of our feature list and we are researching the best way to do it.

Even if it was a simple skin thing ie. not putting it into the skin.. but I don't know much about how the plugins work...

well the only way we can figure of disabling ruby is actually disabling fast_cgi for that user.

but that requires us to edit users httpd.conf's and since plugins run as the user logged in we can't, so we are trying to find a way around that.

if i am not concerned about disabling fastcgi, then it sounds like this plug in does the trick? (it is a question)

security question: why would i be concerned about enabling/disable fastcgi or cgi in general per user? I suppose users can write bad scripts which hog processes and overload the server?

Thanks.
Hao.

Back