'Minor' requests

JTE

Verified User
Hello all,

I've been using DA for quite a while now and I got to say: I love it! You won't find another control panel that works equally nice without being a lot more expensive, and I don't have a lot of bad words to say about DA.

Nonetheless, I have a number of (minor) feature requests that would improve DA more - not that I don't like DA the way it is, but this just would make life easier:

Temporary adjustments on the bandwith limits of a user/reseller account
Let's say our user John Doe has a very popular site, and he's running low on bandwith. Therefore he decides to purchase extra bandwith. It would be nice if there was a way of temporarily increasing his bandwith limit (eg, until the next bandwith reset) without changing his regular limitations, which makes his hosting package setting go to 'custom' and especially with many users it's easy to forget restoring a user to normal limits or setting the limits back at the wrong value. Also perhaps an API command to do this?

Don't create an FTP account if the FTP account limit is 0
For those who use a mail-only skin to provide mail-only packages, this is kinda useful as it prevents the user from putting files in the public_html folder (since the filemanager gets disabled with a mail-only skin anyway).
Should be a rather simple modification imho, but certainly useful for people who provide mail only packages.

Welcome messages configured per package
Should be rather simple - each package can have a different text for the welcome message.
This is also useful for mail only hosting - a mail only user has no need to know that his database limit is 0 or what the location of the FTP server is. And it'd just be nice to have different messages for different plans anyway :)

Minor 'clustering' thing
In addition to the DNS clustering already available, also check if usernames aren't already taken on other servers when creating a new user. Also, when somebody tries to log in on to server A but his account is located on server B, server A redirect the login to server B, preventing 'I can't log in' complaints from uses who really can log in, and making life easy for admins who could just use one login form at one URL.

PHP 5!
Need I say more?
It's about time that DA includes PHP 5 by default. I havn't seen any script yet that does work under PHP 4 but doesn't with PHP 5, so don't claim that it isn't backwards compatible :p.
And PHP 5 is a LOT better anyway ;)

That was it (if I didn't forget anything :p). I understand if not everything can/will be done within a short time frame, but it'd be really nice :D

Back