XML-RPC Errors

mwebinc

Verified User
Hi,

I tried configuring XML-RPC by adding "--with-xmlrpc \" to the customapache configure.php

I get the following error when trying to run a build:

"XML-RPC support requires libexpat. Use --with-expat-dir=<DIR>"

Any ideas guys?

Thanks again.

~Matt

well....for starters I would read the error. Try adding --with-expat-dir=/path/to/libexpat to the custompache. If you don't have expat installed then do so before trying to build apache again.

Ok guys... tried locating libexpat and adding it to configure.php but still no avail...

Has ANYONE got XML-RPC PHP working?

Does anyone have any step-by-step instructions?

Thanks!

~Matt

You need to install expat and possibly expat-devel if you haven't already. How to do that depends on which operating system you are on.

Yes, tried a yum install expat-devel and it says nothing to do as well...

I'm still baffled...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Matt

My first 2 lines in my configure.php look like this:

--with-expat-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-xmlrpc \

I hit this error now:

checking external libexpat install dir... /usr/lib
configure: error: not found. Please reinstall the expat distribution.

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file

Matt

Ok, tried that and ran build clean and build php and now I get this when trying to restart httpd:

PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './php_xmlrpc.dll' - ./php_xmlrpc.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Thanks!

Matt

I am guessing you added php_xmlrpc.dll to the php.ini, you need to read the xmlrpc docs and add the correct entry. The php_xmlrpc.dll would be for Windows not Linux.

I don't know anything about about xml-rpc , so I can't really help you with that. I am a software developer/systems admin, so I can help with those kinds of problems.

Hello,

Just for documentation ...

This error probably happen on x64 machines.

I fix the problem by linking libexpat liberty

ln -s /usr/lib64/libexpat.so /usr/lib/libexpat.so

Back