Users cannot login

prince059

Verified User
Hi, I created a new user with DA with SSH Access, however he can't log in. He continually gets 'Access Denied' - but he can log in via FTP and into DirectAdmin, he just has no SSH privledges.

I tried myself and get the same error, checked and rechecked the password and even changed it.

User pure1 created

Details

Unix User created successfully

User's System Quotas set
User's data directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully in user's home

Domain Created Successfuly

User added to ssh config file.

I've checked the sshd_config and it does say "AllowUsers pure1" - what's the problem?

I tried creating another user with DirectAdmin and the same problem occurs. I don't know how to troubleshoot this. Any help would be appreciated.

Oook, I found out it's the domain name I was trying to add with the username. Once I removed the domain name logging in worked fine. The domain name is: a11-assi9.org

I know that's causing the issue because when I removed the domain I could log into that account via SSH. So, after I was able to login I re-added the domain name and SSH for that username stopped working immediately. I removed the domain name again and SSH worked again.

Why would that domain name cause an error with SSH login? How can I fix this, I mean, this guy wants webhosting. If I can't do the DNS for him ... I'm pretty screwed out of a customer.

If there is any additional information I can provide to help speed up this support process please let me know and I will get to it right away.

I think you're under the impression that this is an official support venue. It's not. If you need support with DirectAdmin you should write the DA support address; you can find it on their website if you cannot figure it out :).

I'm guessing this is going to take a system login to figure out, and a look at the relevant log while attempting the login.

We offer 3rd party support, but we're expensive; if you're interested in 3rd party support from us feel free to write the email address below in my sig.

Jeff

Back