Bind Exploit

jlpeifer

Verified User
On the 5th-Sept NISCC issued an advisory regarding BIND DoS vulnerabilities...

Click here to read English PDF

My questions... What action is DA taking to assure customers that this vulnerability won't effect DA systems? Will DA technical support patch whatever needs to be patched?

DA can't do much abut this, since BIND is not part of DA, but a program running on the same server as DA.

You need to wait for an update / fix for this (if there is none yet)

- Mike

Ahh... I mistakenly thought that BIND was part of the DA install image. So if I understand correctly, this is actually something that was bundled with the installation of my base operating system? And that the responsibility to update BIND is up to me?

The responsibility to update your server is up to you and no one else.

Directadmin tech support is not going to update your server. They publish updates to DA and the customapache system. It is up to you to install them.

If you want someone to do all the updating to your server then hire a management company.

Appears you got up on the wrong side of bed this AM. A simple "You're correct" would have sufficed.

Yes, I set up on OS on my server, and I invited DA to add their packages to my system. Forgive me for not understanding clearly the demarcation between what they added and what I already had.

Yeah I was a bit snippy, sorry about that. It is just that once you see something so many times it becomes quite an irritation.

Back