MultiServer Setup, Zone records dont get updated????

pucky

Verified User
We have the Multiserver setup installed.

We run ns1 on one box and ns2 on another. If you modify a zone record, add an (A) entry to the zone via DA that change does not get updated on ns2 side. Why is that?

The whole idea of this should be, any changes to zone files made on any server should update on both. Whats up with this?

So if a user on the ns1 server adds a subdomain and the corresponding (A) record is added, how can we be sure that the server hosting the ns2 zone gets updated? :rolleyes:

The multi-server function works like a charm here.
make sure you didnt set any thg incorrectly. eg. IP, username, password..

I cant say it works like a charm.

IM STILL WAITING for server 1 (ns1) to send all its records to server 2 (ns2) after 12hrs of turning on multiserver on both boxes and making sure both connection work via test i'v yet to see 425 zone records propogate to server 2.

What is the holdup? When i modifiy a zone on any server, bind should reload and those records should be sent to the next box, immediately.

Doesn't seem to work that way.

Here test this. Open up a dns record on one server using DA's zoned editor. Now add a fake (A) record and save it. Do you see that change on box 2, same zone with your change added??

it t works here.
you may want to contact [email protected]

pucky said:
Here test this. Open up a dns record on one server using DA's zoned editor. Now add a fake (A) record and save it. Do you see that change on box 2, same zone with your change added??

Back