SpamBlocker discussion

xemaps

Verified User
Hey Jeff,

Sure your work is interesting but need to be updated.

I don't use the spamblocker part, neither plugin.

Spamblocker part is commented on my exim.conf

I know spam is growing a lot, but with MY exim.conf, i haven't much. I use most of the tricks possible avoiding server load.
There is NO universal solution, because each server and costumers are different. So a good analyse is needed, and must be regulary renewed.

I posted some work around on this forum, coming from other spam fighter, from exim, from me.

I hope a whole solution will come a day, even at few $ cost
including plugin AND active source.

I'ts important to understand the way used by the mails,
then it's possible to see a little light in eyes, about spam fight...

xemaps said:
Sure your work is interesting but need to be updated.
Which is exactly what I wrote.
Spamblocker part is commented on my exim.conf
You really don't need to comment it out; if there's nothing listed in /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains it won't run.
I know spam is growing a lot, but with MY exim.conf, i haven't much. I use most of the tricks possible avoiding server load.
As do we on our testbeds. We're still working and testing, and we won't deliver a solution until we like it.
There is NO universal solution, because each server and costumers are different. So a good analyse is needed, and must be regulary renewed.
Well said, but there are also a lot of people running DA who need a solution which will work, and we're working on it. Obviously skruf is as well.
I posted some work around on this forum, coming from other spam fighter, from exim, from me.
And many of your posts have been helpful to me.

:)
I hope a whole solution will come a day, even at few $ cost including plugin AND active source.
I believe our eventual solution will do all of that.
I'ts important to understand the way used by the mails,
then it's possible to see a little light in eyes, about spam fight...
We currently have a solution in testing that works very well (my spam using it is less than a tenth of what it was with SpamBlocker 2), but it comes at too high a cost in terms of false positives so we're still working.

Jeff

We're also at about 1%, but I think that unacceptable for a commercial solution.

Do you plan on releasing your entire file to the group?

:)

Jeff

Note that I've split the thread; I felt we were hijacking someone else's announcement thread.

Jeff

Back