AWStats Plugin for DA [version 3.0+]

Problem with AWSTATS y AliasDomain

i have www.charmed.com.ar (Hosted Domain)
and www.charmedsite.com.ar (Alias Domain)

www.charmed.com.ar/awstats works OK..
but www.charmedsite.com.ar/awstats says...

Error: Couldn't open config file "awstats.charmedsite.com.ar.conf" nor "awstats.conf" after searching in path ".,/etc/awstats,/usr/local/etc/awstats,/etc,/etc/opt/awstats": No such file or directory

- Did you use the correct URL ?
Example: http://localhost/awstats/awstats.pl?config=mysite
Example: http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=mysite
- Did you create your config file 'awstats.charmedsite.com.ar.conf' ?
If not, you can run "awstats_configure.pl" from command line, or create it manually.

Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

404 page not found

I have followed all the directions of installing awstats, I have no errors.

In my main server admin the version is showing 3.0.2 but in all the awstats files it reads awstats-6.7.

when I go to user domains I get a 404 page not found when I go to domain.com/awstats

I have no idea what to do next.

Last edited:
Code is open to anyone who wants to continue to maintain it. I took on that job when the original author vanished and abanonded it (thus V3). I simply don't have time to maintain it anymore. BTW, You'll get the "not found" error until you actually run the update to create stats.

what happen I got the followig message ?

failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 140 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 141 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 142 Warning: chown(): Operation not permitted in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 144

Last edited:
Needed to use a loop to get the password protection to work correctly. Figured I'd post it.

Code:
for user in `/bin/ls /usr/local/directadmin/data/users`; do chown -Rv $user:$user /home/$user/domains/*/public_html/awstats/; done
That doens`t do the trick voor my...

Still working on it... It`s going to work somehow :)
Stats are working but in DA i can`t access awstats plugin it self.. Keeps going on about safemode restrictions and stuff.

Stats are working but in DA i can`t access awstats plugin it self.. Keeps going on about safemode restrictions and stuff.

I have that problem to. I looks like it has something todo with the new apache/custombuild

i run:
custembuild
apache 2.2.*
php 5.2.5

awstats does not work

servers with:
customapache
apache 1.3.*
php 5.2.5

awstats works.

I don't know if anyone has already suggested this (just noticed more people having problems with it).
Mod_rewrite sometimes takes over the /<something>/, which can be a problem if you're trying to access your statistics.
I've seen this with about 300 domains so far from various users.

Would it be possible to add the following on top of the created .htaccess files when running allusers.php or just installing awstats for a user?
Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine off
</IfModule>

This will disable mod_rewrite for the /awstats/ dir, and fix a load of problems.

Anyone have an idea on how to add this to all domains where it hasn't been added already? ;) - I really hate doing this manually.

I solved the safemode problem :)

You need to edit the files in the directories
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/admin

Edit the first line into:
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/php

Problem Solved!

the cron seem to non-working ?
any body help ?

10 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Just put it staight on! no DA involved

1 */7 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

Hello,

I installed awstats on alot of machines but this never happend before. Awstats works like a charm only there are no links to awstats on the admin or user level of directadmin.

How do i get the links on the directadmin panel if it doesnt do that automaticly.
________
XL100

Last edited:
the plugin works... its just that the link on the DA panel isnt there. if i go to domain.com/cmd_plugin/awstats then it works fine. Its just the hyperlink that isnt on the DA panel. we have xxx servers with DA and none with this problem. Verry wierd. Even after reinstalling awstats it doesnt work.

help please
________
vapor genie

Last edited:
Is this script supposed to not include subdomain logs at all or something?

I reiterate the above question because doing a quick forum search got me nothing. Is there a way for this to create awstats directories for all my subdomains?

hello,

i have the same problem. everything went fine without problems. But there is no link to awstats in directadmin.

I've logged in as a user with admin rights and with the user admin itself, but I can't find the link.

Kiekeboe100

Installation not working

Hi Guys,

I've just setup a new server and I'm trying to get the awstats plugin to work.
I've gone through the process of installing the plugin through the DA control panel with no errors thus far.

As instructed, I do the following....
Login to ssh and execute this script: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/update/update.sh

--

I then login to the admin area, click on the click on the Awstats Statistics link that shows up under Extra Features.

I'm them presented with a list of users that can access awstats, so I select the ones that I want and press the save button.

Everything is good.

--

I login as a user (for arguments sake we'll call this user UserBob).
I then click on Awstats Statistics under Advanced Features.
I want to install Awstats on this domain, so I click on the link that says 'Install AwStats on this domain*'.

All hell breaks loose...

This is what I'm getting.

Code:
Checking if there is already something installed..
Creating AwStats dir on domain
Setting Directory PermissionsChecking if awstats files are availableError linking lib dir /home/userbob/domains/userbob.co.nz/public_html/awstats/lib from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/libError linking icon dir /home/userbob/domains/userbob.co.nz/public_html/awstats/icon from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/iconError linking lang dir /home/userbob/domains/userbob.co.nz/public_html/awstats/lang from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/langError linking plugin dir /home/userbob/domains/userbob.co.nz/public_html/awstats/plugins from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/plugins
Checking for AwStats itself
Going to install the awstats.pl
Warning: copy(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 76 Error linking awstats.pl /home/userbob/domains/userbob.co.nz/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
(Re-)Activating CGI for dir
Doing an extra permission setting through shell..+(Re-)Setting permissions
Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 100 Warning: chown(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 101 Doing an extra permission setting through shell..Done
Now (re-)creating your configuration file.

Default password protection set.
Userid: userbob
Password: default

It is EXTREMELY recommended that you use the Tune AwStats and modify the default values immediately!

Config file has been created and your statistics are now setup!

You can now view the statistics for your domain at: userbob.co.nz/awstats/

What this seems to be telling me is that the installation that I did of the Awstats plugin, and the update have NOT installed the required files into the required areas. I've also physically checked to see if the files it's trying to copy exist in the /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin directory and all I have in there is awredir.pl, awstats.non.conf, awstats_updateall.pl.

Does anyone know how I can install this plugin properly?
It works like a charm on my other server, but it's running an older version and I don't want to touch it in case something like this happens.

Thanks everyone!!

=============================

Quick note. I'm running FreeBSD 6.3 as well, but somehow I don't think that's the problem.

=============================

Last edited:
Not work(((
FreeBSD 6.3-i386
DA 1.31.5
Apache 1.3.41
PHP Version 4.4.8
Awst plug 3.0.2
my /home/ realy is /usr/home/

PHP:
Checking if there is already something installed..
AwStats Directory already exists on domain
Checking if awstats files are available Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 47 Error linking lib dir /home/admin/domains/tvplaneta.ru/public_html/awstats/lib from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lib Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 52 Error linking icon dir /home/admin/domains/tvplaneta.ru/public_html/awstats/icon from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/icon Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 57 Error linking lang dir /home/admin/domains/tvplaneta.ru/public_html/awstats/lang from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lang Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 62 Error linking plugin dir /home/admin/domains/tvplaneta.ru/public_html/awstats/plugins from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/plugins
Checking for AwStats itself
Going to install the awstats.pl
Warning: copy(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 76 Error linking awstats.pl /home/admin/domains/tvplaneta.ru/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
(Re-)Activating CGI for dir
Ok .htaccess already exists let's delete it..Deleted!
Doing an extra permission setting through shell..+(Re-)Setting permissions
Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 100 Warning: chown(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 101 Doing an extra permission setting through shell..Done
Now (re-)creating your configuration file.
Warning: fopen(/home/admin/domains/tvplaneta.ru/public_html/awstats/.htpasswd): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 140 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 141 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 142 Warning: chown(): Operation not permitted in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 144 

Default password protection set.
Userid: admin
Password: default

It is EXTREMELY recommended that you use the Tune AwStats and modify the default values immediately!

Config file has been created and your statistics are now setup!

You can now view the statistics for your domain at: tvplaneta.ru/awstats/

Back