AWStats Plugin for DA [version 3.0+]

Hi!

i have a error when i look awstats, i do:

1. Uninstall 2.1.9 plugin and remove
2. Delete all .conf in /etc/awstats
3. Install 3.0.1 plugin
4. run /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/update/update.sh
5. Check All Domain in Awstats Admin
6. Recreate all .conf with: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/alldomains.php
7. /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

and i have this error:
------------------------
Error: AWStats database directory defined in config file by 'DirData' parameter (/domains/domain123.net/stats/) does not exist or is not writable.

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.domain123.net.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
------------------------

Thanks!

Last edited:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/alldomains.php

Might be a bug in that. Just go into the plugin panel in DA for AWstats, select all the domains and turn on AWStats that way. I'll look at the alldomains.php script later.

yes it turn on... don't work more... :( same error

Last edited:
Then it's something you did wrong in the install. I've personally installed this any number of times and always worked.

Make sure that there are *.conf files in /etc/awstats and that they have proper user permissions.

ok i install all and recreate manually each account... :(
but if i modify AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser=1 for 1 account, i have this error:

----------------------------
Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/httpd/domains/domain123.net.log" : Permission denied

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.domain123.net.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
----------------------------

Thanks

Last edited:
I had similar errors. The solution was chmod the /etc/awstats/*.conf to 666 and chown the file to root:root

i change it... and i have same error! :(

"/var/log/httpd/domains/domain123.net.log" have what for permission?

Thanks!

The *.conf files should have chmod of 644, and owners should the DA Username for that domain.

i dont understand... don't work more... i have same error :(

Well, I just installed this on a new server today..worked fine.

So, whatever the problem is, it's directly related to either how it got installed or something else specific to your server. Unless you are willing to give me root access to your server, can't help you. As long as you're running a standard install of CentOS or RH, and followed the instructions for installing, should work.

New version out that fixes the .htaccess issue and new script to move stats to /stats enmasse.

Does this mean Fusionictnl won't release any updates to this plugin, did you take his place in updating this?

tristan said:
Does this mean Fusionictnl won't release any updates to this plugin, did you take his place in updating this?

Seems that way. No one has heard from him in almost a year. He released it under the GNU license and I take no credit for his work, I'm just fixing/adding to his orignal work...his original comments, copyrights, etc are intact.

Also, to restate, I give no expressed warrenty of usability to the script...use it at your own risk. So far it's been working fine on my servers.

I updated to the latest version with the plugin manager..

now i get:

/bin/sh: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl: Permission denied

in my cron job.

must get more then that...permission denied to what?

Run it manually from the CLI..

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

Last edited:
jjbakker said:
Sean,

the awstats_updateall.pl doenst have X permisions.

Got me how that would happen...

Ooops..my bad...I had moved the scripts to my desktop, then moved them back to the server, which blew away the X permissions...I repackaged it...should be ok now.

Last edited:
Back