AWStats Plugin for DA [version 3.0+]

I've added install instructions to the first post so that they are more easily found.

These are the same exact steps I use to install the plugin on all new servers and have never had an issue.

now I have a problem with permission ...
Error: Couldn't open file "/home/nivcom/domains/nivcom.net/stats/awstats022007.nivcom.net.tmp.3396" for write: Permission denied

its webalizer in /home/nivcom/domains/nivcom.net/stats/

any idea how can I fix this?

I had to create a directory stats2 and I change the dirdata in /etc/awstats/awstats.nivcom.net.conf
is it possible to change dirdata for all domains???

Code:
Error: Access to statistics is only allowed from an authenticated session to authenticated users.

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.3phonestuff.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

hmmm any help?

resinstalled it to the domain and get
during the install when your logged in as the user
Warning: fopen(/etc/awstats/awstats.3phonestuff.com.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 109 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 117 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 118

Here's the extent of my official support from this point forward:

Since I did not write the original, only modified it to suit my personal needs and never asked for a dime, I am not supporting any problems with individual installations. The software works on my standard CentOS 3 and 4 servers as is. If you are having permissions problems, install issues, etc, they are specific to your OS and servers configurations.

Do what I did, learn bash shell scripting, Linux commands, and PHP and dig into to code to fix any issues you may have. The error codes are pretty self explainitory...fopen cannot open the conf file for write. Something is obviously keeping it from opening the files and it's not the plugin.

As for changing dirdata values....it's called VI. No reason why is should not work with the existing setup configuration.

cron trouble

When I put this:
Code:
10 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
in /etc/crond.d/directadmin_cron it does not run

When I put it in /etc/crontab it does. I really have no clue what's wrong....

[edit] It's working now. Added the path to perl and left the last line of the file blank. One of these things is the solution :)[/edit]

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm a noob, but I think I got the solution for those getting :

Code:
Error: AWStats database directory defined in config file by 'DirData' parameter (/home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxxxx.com/stats/) does not exist or is not writable.

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.xxxxxx.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

in our case it was becuase the cronjob hadn't ran for the first time yet, and the stats folder wasn't created.

Running:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

should do the trick.

Sorry if this was already covered, or was too obvious.

Hi all,

When my cron is executed for update my awstats statistics, I receive a mail by [email protected] to [email protected].

I want to know how I can change the mail address to receive this mail.

Thanks

Just go to your SSH terminal as root and type "vi /root/.forward" and put your email into the file and just your email, nothing else is needed in that file. After that, any email sent to root will be forwarded to the email in the .forward file.

Error: User 'xxxx' is not allowed to access statistics of this domain/config.

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.xxx.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

I've got this error after login to awstats dir. Please help???

Error: User 'xxxx' is not allowed to access statistics of this domain/config.

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.xxx.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

I've got this error after login to awstats dir. Please help???

It's works! I've edited awstatsinstall.php and change line "ereg_replace("#%DIRDATA%#"..... $domainToProcess['domain']}/awstats/", to $domainToProcess['domain']}/stats/"

(i've run ./movestats.php before edit this file and run ./update.sh again)

:D

Wondering if anyone has a clue about this.

On one of our server, the AWStats plugin does not display with the users account. AWStats has been enabled and installed on their domain. But the only way to have it display is to manually enter the /CMD_PLUGINS/awstats url, they the user can access their statistsics fine. It works fine on all our other servers. The only difference I can think of on this one is it originally had a much older version of the plugin installed before this one (v3.02 currently installed).

Any pointers much appreciated!

After updating from an older plugin version i had the problem that the plugin was not activated (so there were no pages for the admin and users to config awstats). It wasn't possible to activate with the Plugin Manager. Just try this:
Open (with nano or something like that) /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/plugin.conf and change active=no to active=yes. Save the file and then it works.
I hope this will help others by fixing their problems ;)

When updating from the old 2.0 versions, best to deactivate and remove it entirely (it won't hurt the stats files that already exist). Then install the 3.0+ version.

Thanks for your help guys.

No joy on both suggestions. The plugin was already enabled in the plugin.conf file.

Then I uninstalled the plugin completely, making sure /etc/awstats and the plugins/awstats directory were removed. Have I missed any?

Reinstalled, same problem, plugin not showing within the users skin.

I did wonder if there was a problem with the skin maybe (although it's not been customised), so I tried putting Installatron on there. But it shows up fine in the user side, so I think that eliminates it.

I do have it installed for all users, so I may just hardcode it to the skin.

Cheers
Nick

Installed with no errors whatsoever.
Thanks!

Ive got 2 questions:

1- How far back will awstats go? Can I manually make it process my logs so that I can have older stats? Or perhaps copy webalizer stats?

2- I don't want to leave the webaccess public. Simple apache auth?

thanks!

Back