AWStats Plugin for DA [version 3.0+]

I have disabled AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly for testing purposes but I'm still getting login form.

I've changed this in awstats.domain.com.conf file

Is somewhere else this entry that overrides this one?

MMarko said:
I have disabled AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly for testing purposes but I'm still getting login form.

I've changed this in awstats.domain.com.conf file

Is somewhere else this entry that overrides this one?

That only prevents others users from veiwing each others stats. Just delete the .htaccess file from the /awstats.

I have removed .htaccess, set AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly=0 and I still get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /awstats/ on this server.

Premissions are set fine.

I have set this AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly=0 in user conf file and in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/ awstats.none.conf

Last edited:
Only way I could possibly help is if you gave me root access....

It was problem with ScriptAlias.

BTW from where does your script copy .htpasswd files?

What is login for Awstats form?

I really don't know from where does this plugin take data for its .htpasswd file?

Because they're not user login data, because if I enter it I get error.

Nice, installed in under 5 minutes w/o error!! Great job Sean!

Couple of newbe questions:

I set the cron entry to the default 10am update. Is there any particular reason for that time or can I change that to say, 2am to run at a slower time...any repercussions for the stats themselves?

Second, is there a way to have it provide stats for the previous missing days before install?

Thx and again, great job with this!!

MMarko said:
It was problem with ScriptAlias.

BTW from where does your script copy .htpasswd files?

What is login for Awstats form?

Script is not encrypted....look thru the code. While I'm supporting fixes to make it work and adding features, I'm not going to go thru the code and explain it all...do what I did...read the code and figure it out. :)

RsW said:
Nice, installed in under 5 minutes w/o error!! Great job Sean!

Couple of newbe questions:

I set the cron entry to the default 10am update. Is there any particular reason for that time or can I change that to say, 2am to run at a slower time...any repercussions for the stats themselves?

Second, is there a way to have it provide stats for the previous missing days before install?

Thx and again, great job with this!!

By default, the update in my install process is for 10 after midnight. Why? because it NEEDS to run BEFORE the webalizer and DA Tally updates or you lose data because TALLY resets the /var/log/httpd/domains/* files after it runs.

Re: Upgrade from 2.1.9

dannygoh said:
How do you upgrade from 2.1.9?

I dont want to delete my users awstats.

You don't have to. Just uninstall the plugin, install 3.0, then run the movestats.sh script to move the stats data to users /stats directory.

Re: Re: Upgrade from 2.1.9

sullise said:
You don't have to. Just uninstall the plugin, install 3.0, then run the movestats.sh script to move the stats data to users /stats directory.

Where is movestats.sh located?

sorry, movestats.php, not .sh.

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks

Hi

With the Update Now on, I get this error:

Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/httpd/domains/*site*.log" : Permission denied

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.*site*.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

I also see no logs at all, however, the *site*.log file is full of logs :S

Please help!

Thanks

Hi

With the Update Now on, I get this error:

Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/httpd/domains/*site*.log" : Permission denied

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.*site*.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

I also see no logs at all, however, the *site*.log file is full of logs :S

Please help!

Thanks

Going to say this one last time. I am not going to support any changes to the config, expecially if you turn on the Update Now or disable the password protection. You do so at your own risk and I take no responsiblity when your servers get hacked.

I have turned it off and tried, but still i see no entries even though there are entires in the file /var/log/httpd/domains/*site*.log

any ideas?

Hi, I have installed this plugin and then switched on each user's AWstats. I then went to my admin' user cp and clicked to install for this domain. I seemed to get a few errors saying "could not link...", but then went on to finish installing. When i try and view the mydomain.com/awstats, i just get a message:

The page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.

What have i missed doing?

ah...i am using joomla cms on that site and the url mydomain.co.uk/awstats is being taken by joomla and it's trying to rewrite it :/

Hmm..Joomla installs awstats? Wierd.

I'm on the road right now, I'll give it a look over the weekend and tell you where to edit the scripts to change the directory.

it's possible to have in first post write All steps and details for install awstats 3.0. I have all time same problem and i think it's my installation have a problem.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back