Top 5 wanted features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator's Note: This thread is officially closed. If a new thread is opened on this topic, it will most likely be closed as well. Please see the last post in this thread and consider posting in individual threads under this subforum. Thanks!

It's time to start a new thread :) Maybe it would be easier to add new features to DirectAdmin regarding DirectAdmin users requests, because now (in my opinion) it's not easy to know what features are the most wanted. So let's get some great suggestions in here. Good luck!

P.S. Please post only FIVE features which would you prefer over DirectAdmin versions in the future.

Last edited:
1. Full on 1 click admin backup + restore, that could be user to transfer from 1 server to another.

2. Better user management, the ability to 1 click the following:

Move a domain from a user to another user, regardless if they are reseller or not.

Move a user from one reseller to another.

Convert a user into a reseller and vice versa.

3. Full supported integration of something other than Webalizer for statistics. (I know there are free plugins etc...)

4. Some sort of solution to ensure a user gets their welcoming email (if they are transferring their domain to us and use an email account from that domain we have to manually adjust a bunch of stuff before and after to ensure we can keep communication with them)

5. *EDIT* Option to build with PHP 4/ PHP 5 using .htaccess files to determine which php processor it uses. I know this can be done, just not sure how. I think it requires a patch to php before compiling.

Last edited:
While I would like to see the above features I would also like to see some way to have new clients automaticly added to the crond backups or on a package type basis.
Perhaps have an option in the package creator for the type of backup etc.
Then we need it to remove them from the cron when there account is deleted.

jissh said:
While I would like to see the above features I would also like to see some way to have new clients automaticly added to the crond backups or on a package type basis.
Perhaps have an option in the package creator for the type of backup etc.
Then we need it to remove them from the cron when there account is deleted.

+1

Hey :) Stop posting +1 etc. :) This thread is for top 5 wanted features, for 1 feature request there is the whole forum - http://www.directadmin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8. DirectAdmin staff in the future can use our TOP5 as the most important features to include. This is my top5:

1. AWstats included into DirectAdmin
2. RoundCube webmail as an optional webmail (and option to make it as default)
3. A new build system with PHP 5, dovecot, pure-ftpd and Apache 2.2 as default and another (not buggy) exim RPM package
4. cPanel or Plesk accounts importing tool
5. An option to delete backups older than x days

I'd be more then happy to help John get AWStats setup as part of the default DA install.

smtalk said:
Hey :) Stop posting +1 etc. :) This thread is for top 5 wanted features, for 1 feature request t...

Gnia gnia gnia (kidding) :D !

My list :

1. AwStats
2. suPHP (PHP4 + PHP5)
3. Per domain usage stats (CPU, Ram, etc)
4. Dovecot / DSPAM / Roundcube (with TinyMCE)
5. Backup option in package ON/OFF (to auto add to list)

Done with my wishlist.

1. Built-in SSH-client so I can connect to it trough port 80 (mod_proxy) On many networks exotic ports are closed :(

2. Manual add log files to the log viewer

3. Manual add files to the file editor

4. Standard support for three nameservers

5. Browse as admin throught the whole filesystem from /

Pascal said:
5. Browse as admin throught the whole filesystem from /
You can easily do this yourself by changing the UID of admin to 0:0 in /etc/passwd.

Of course once you've done this you've got an incredibly insecure system.

There's a reason why root is the only superuser on the system by default.

Only superusers can ignore rights and permissions.

Jeff

Files system usage browsing

When I was using Cpanel I could drill down through the file system and easily see which directories were taking up space...for example if someone's webmail folders were bloated.

1. One Click System Restore.
2. Move domains around through GUI from any account to any account.
3. Individual Email User Control Panel.
4. Multiple assignable ips per user.
5. Per domain ClamAV and SA controls.
6. Roundcube and Horde
7. Integrate AWStats

Sounds like Cpanel:)

1. option to easily add MX2 to primary domain and inherit it to customer domains
2. ditto for a third nameserver
3. easy (perhaps a simple 'guide') to using a remote (dedicated) mysql server
4. integrated official clamav support (and newest spamblocker)
5. option to control number of user-backups, eg allow only 1 backup, allow 4 etc.

numbers 1 and 2 are REALY needed :)

I'll keep this simple.

1. Jailed SSH
2. Jailed SSH
3. Jailed SSH
4. Jailed SSH
5. Jailed SSH

Although I'm undecided whether I should have reversed numbers 2 and 3.

Have something (apache log processor and formatter?) like cPanel Latest Visitors. Indispensable for SEO (where and when are visitors hitting and search queries leading to them etc). No alternatives please...its a great feature in cPanel.

1. php4+php5 support
2. out-of-the-box security (mod_evasive, mod_security, suphp, jailing, ...)
3. awstats by default (I'll take the extra resources for grant)
4. use of default debian packages instead of own-compiled software where possible
5. better support for changing skins (especially hiding or adding extra options)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back