Top 5 wanted features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postfix and Dspam would make DA complete.
Postfix is likely to never happen; it would be a major change to how DirectAdmin handles email; a major rewrite. To what advantage?

(Of course if DirectAdmin does switch from Exim I'll most likely look for a different solution; I prefer Exim ;).)

Concerning Dspam, I suppose I'll go out and buy the book (if it's available locally) today, and give it a read.

However don't hold your breath; SpamBlocker is a simple change to a configuration file; it doesn't require extra software and puts very little extra load on a server. If Dspam does, then it wouldn't be a good fit as many admins are running their servers close to system limits.
Spamblocker 3.x works ok (75-80% catch rate) but there is no reason we could not be doing better.
It works much better for me. Everyone's spam load is different.
I've been running over 98% with Dspam for over two years now. I should be able to share my lack of spam with my customers!
So why don't you :) ?

Jeff

If you could learn qmail, you can learn exim :).

It took me over a year trying to learn qmail (using both commercial and free documentation) before I gave up on Plesk and switched to DirectAdmin and Exim. It took me about a day to learn Exim, about a week to feel comfortable writing my own exim.conf file.

Jeff

I can migrate your clients from Plesk if you want. Maybe I'll write a script for that later..

Please do, Martynas. We've offered migration from Plesk as a commercial service for some time, now, but it's a real pain, and time-consuming. I'd love to have access to a script.

Jeff

- If a admin suspend A from reseller B, we don't like that reseller B can unsuspend A if an admin has suspended A. So maybe its possible when an admin suspends a account, reseller is unable to unsuspend A.

don't know if da really listens to these requests but here are a few that i think is important.

- set add-on domains to be directed at a folder of user's choice

- multiple IP's per user accounts (having multiple domains per user account is useless if they don't have ability to assign individual IP to them)

- make ssl page more easier to use. i think we can just have a textbox of (key, cert, cacert) separately, rather than have users paste the cert underneath the key, ca cert textbox being in an obscurred location, etc.

if i can just have those, that'd really make life a lot easier around here. we've lost a lot of customers because some of the issues described above. hopefully da can take this seriously.

native nginx support....as front-end for apache. nginx may listen on port 80 and filter static content. Nginx can redirect requests to php and other scripts to apache on another port

- Native NS3 support
- IPv6 support (for NS too)
- WebDAV support in DA (Yes, I know about the Apache user/security problem :()

Is there a Cpanel to DirectAdmin tool? I have a migration planned 2 weekf from now.

Last edited:
- multiple IP's per user accounts (having multiple domains per user account is useless if they don't have ability to assign individual IP to them)
YEAH!
+1000000000
I JUST WANT IT!

1. New DirectAdmin skin
2. DirectAdmin Backup and Transfer tool make an option to sort the backups in directory's sorted under date/time.
3. When we delete some users with a big amount of data, DirectAdmin will time-out. Good solution is to add a command in the queue of DirectAdmin to delete the selected users.
4. Setup by every user for email antivirus etc.
5. Delete System information in the skin when the option is disabled.

1. mail/web clustering.
2. mailman
3. scheduled backups that users can control

I see that this thread has picked up again.

But ...

It appears to me to be counter-productive and I'm thinking of closing it.

Here's why:

There's no way to track the top five since everyone has their own.

My feeling is that for those of us who have ideas, we should check the Feedback & Feature Requests subforum, find one of the threads there, and post to it; that way there's something to look for, something to find, something to use to gauge interest.

And if course if there isn't a thred for an idea that seems important to you, create your own thread.

But what I think isn't nearly as important as what you think.

So...

What do you think?

Jeff

Why not rename it to "things you wish to see in DirectAdmin"? That would be more correct from a rhetorical point of view, imho of course.

Because in my opinion it still wouldn't be helpful.

The only good way to present suggestions is one thread per suggestion. Otherways it's way too complex to follow any of them.

Jeff

Should I close the thread with a last post asking folk to always post in a thread related to their suggestion?

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back