Top 5 wanted features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that would be best, yes. As then there would be no question regarding the service discussed. (and it will be easier to search too)

This topic is usless unless someone spend a lot of time building a excel page or something like that.

Why not add a "built-in" little script (php ?) linked to the forum account so each user can suggest 5 wanted things.

Of course, connected users can see the other (or not ?) suggestion.

When its in a database, its quite easy to play around with to give the most wanted feature.

You can also do another way :
No one can suggest features, BUT, whe can all vote for a feature. (so admins add feature, users vote for features)
In other words : a list of feature order by number of votes

Hope this helps, and sorry for my poor english.
Sky

This topic is usless unless someone spend a lot of time building a excel page or something like that.
The purpose of Feedback & Feature Requests is to give the DirectAdmin developers the opportunity to see the suggestions and the feedback individually for each suggestion, so as to make an informed decision as to where to best spend their time and energies.

This purpose is well supported by the forum structure.

Is there a purpose (from the point of view of DirectAdmin developers) to know which five features any individual would like? I don't think so. Do you? Is it so the staff can play favorites and include the five most wanted features of their friends? Somehow I don't think so.

I've discussed this thread with John of DirectAdmin, and together we decided the thread could be closed with a note the posters should use currently existing threads for features already discussed, and add new threads for features not yet discussed. That way we (all of us, as well as DirectAdmin developers) could judge from reading individual threads, where they should spend their development time.

So, This thread is officially closed. If a new thread is opened on this topic, it will most likely be closed as well. If you want your suggestions to be considered, you should probably present them as above.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back