Auto setup new nameservers

andyM

Verified User
Hi,

Everything's perfect when i set up a new user under a reseller, but i would like to automatically assign new dns so that the user's domain has it's own nameservers instead of using the resellers ones.

Is there a way of configuring DA so that whena new user is created, the domain set up at the time gets assigned (eg) ns1.usersdomain.co.uk and ns2.usersdomain.co.uk ?

Also, when i went to physically set up these new nameservers, i then resent the email (so that the correct nameservers would be listed in his welcome email), but the IPs used where listed as the ones where the domain was currently pointed (ie not my server). Does this mean that i have to wait until the domain has propagated over to my server and then setup the dns and resend the welcome email, so that the right IPs are used?

Hopefully i am making sense?!

You can change the template for DNS to use the hostname as part of any record, including the NS record. I'm not sure about the SOA, though; you might want to look.

You should be able to change the email template as well.

I've not tried this because I don't do it.

Jeff

I see in the dns_ns.conf:

|NS1|=|DOMAIN|.
|NS2|=|DOMAIN|.

How can i set that up to use the end domain instead? (ie) so instead of using the reseller's domain, use the actual domain being set up?

Back