unable to restore from backup

LetsFly

Verified User
backed up on 1 server, moved to new one, trying to restore and i keep getting this: (any suggestions)

i have tried everything including chmoding to 777 and chowning the files to admin:admin, the folder itself is already owned by admin

Unable to exact backup/user.conf from /home/admin/admin_backups/user.admin.akweb.tar.gz : Error while extracting backup/user.conf to /home/admin/admin_backups/akweb as admin : /bin/tar: /home/admin/admin_backups/user.admin.akweb.tar.gz: Cannot open: Permission denied
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
/bin/tar: Child returned status 2
/bin/tar: backup/user.conf: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Cannot read /home/admin/admin_backups/akweb/backup/user.conf : Unable to open /home/admin/admin_backups/akweb/backup/user.conf for reading

Have you tried doing the untar manually from a command line (do it in a temp directory created just for the purpose) to see if the command line gives you a better explanation of what's wrong?

Jeff

Try this

I had a similar problem, I got report saying something like: 'could not extract from /home/tmp/somename.tar').
It turned out there was something wrong with the permissions on the /home/tmp directory (although it looked fine when I checked the permissions).

Goto /user/local/directadmin/scripts and run ./set_permissions.sh user_homes.
This should fix the permissions for your /home/admin directory.
To fix the /home/tmp directory run ./set_permissions.sh da_files.

This works with DA 1.29.0, for other versions run ./set_permissions without parameter to check acceptable parameters and choose accordingly.

(It's definately a permission problem given this error in your report: /home/admin/admin_backups/user.admin.akweb.tar.gz: Cannot open: Permission denied).

Back