ELS - Easy Linux Security script

This script doesn't touch any of virtualhost files, so it's impossible that it chmodded .htaccess files. If you want - I can check your server, just contact me at Skype, ICQ or MSN.

I'm sorry for jumping thinking it was the script, I didn't know what else it was. I still am not sure, I however have deleted and recreated the user accounts and it's working again. From what I have been told possibly a bad build.

I have modified it and repackaged, we removed that statement. Sorry for that and thank you for reports.
Can we use it on servers we manage for other people? That was the prohibition I understood non-commercial use to mean.

Jeff

[root@zelda els]# els --removebfd
ELS can now remove BFD.
Proceed? (y/n): y
Downloading BFD...
/usr/bin/md5sum: bfd-.tar.gz: No such file or directory
Download Successful!
MD5 matches.
Extracting...
/bin/tar: bfd-.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
/bin/tar: Child returned status 2
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
/usr/local/bin/els: line 2311: cd: bfd*: No such file or directory
Extraction failed.
Aborting.

Also, can we get a --removechkrootkit please.

Last edited:
Anyone use this to harden tmp? Just want to be sure it won't cause a problem before I try it.

Sean

Anyone use this to harden tmp? Just want to be sure it won't cause a problem before I try it.

Sean
I have used the secure tmp partition. I run it on a live system. After a reboot, it do not hung :). I not a security expert but I list my fstab, hopefully you tell me whether the tmp is secure or not

none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/usr/tmpDSK /tmp ext3 loop,rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/tmp /var/tmp ext3 rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,bind 0 0

I also used it on my CentOS system. Worked fine and rebooted just to check.

Thanks,
Grant

It should be --hardensysctl :) not --hardensysct. What are the problems with it?

dannygoh, it's very easy to include it for RedHat based OS :) Do you like to see any options with it?

Would it be possible to include XCACHe as an option instead of Eaccelerator?

And how about SUHOSIN?

Might be dumb questions but thought I'd ask :)

StingRay, thank you for you suggestions, just added suhosin to ELS 2.0.4.0 :) And I think I will include xCache in the future.

Back