Centos 5 Released

Senad

Verified User
Now just waiting for DA to work with the x64_86 and i386 CentOS 5 version :D.

The problem with Xen is that you can't oversell it. Sadly, many VPS providers oversell the RAM. With Xen, a VM is always using the ammount of RAM assigned, no matter what's being run on the VPS.

The problem with Xen is that you can't oversell it. Sadly, many VPS providers oversell the RAM. With Xen, a VM is always using the ammount of RAM assigned, no matter what's being run on the VPS.

Depends if you want to be a quality VPS provider or not :). I'd rather add and buy all the memory in the world and provide quality xen services (which I am planning on doing now that I am getting the hang of it with CentOS 5) rather than use swsoft that will create unstable and oversold memory slots (which I have only seen problems being caused for).

Anyone know if there is a ServerCD yet?
Not yet. I'm anxiously awaiting that, too. If I had the time I'd do it, and give it to the community. But I don't :( .

Maybe it'll come out about the same time as DA support; that would be nice :) .

Jeff

Timmm, it's working on CentOS5, but it's not supported by DirectAdmin yet.

It will NOT work under any DA license - until DA provides a class for it, which personally I hope will be VERY soon.

This release is HOT!

CentOS 5 is VERY nice indeed. We have one server as a production server already. Interesting though that hsphere is the first control panel to officially support the CentOS architecture (here I was hoping DA would be first :(). I hope both x86_64 and i386 are released within a very short timespan from one another.

CentOS 5 is VERY nice indeed. We have one server as a production server already. Interesting though that hsphere is the first control panel to officially support the CentOS architecture (here I was hoping DA would be first :(). I hope both x86_64 and i386 are released within a very short timespan from one another.

I'm personally glad that DA didn't rush to market "being the first" - that'd be a bad move IMHO. Let the others stumble a bit, DA will do it better! (right John? :) )

when I purchase license today, I see there is option CentOS 5 (beta).

I got all happy then realized it isn't the x86_64 version I so desperately want :(. Any ETA on the x86_64?

Last edited:
DirectAdmin programmers can be add billing to DA in ver. 5 It would be fantastic.
PS sorr for my english:cool:

Back