[email protected] can't recieve mail, but [email protected] can ?!

All user accounts, or just that one?

Someone who knows and understands DirectAdmin email is going to have to log on to your server and figure out what is wrong.

Jeff

every user@domain got that error on 3 different server... same configurations.

Im gonna check logs so.. i hope to find something useful...

i have a very similar issue, but a bit different.

1) I set up a new user from my main admin account via the HTM_ACCOUNT_USER_CREATE page
2) i set up a new domain for this user.

i would like to use the email [email protected] to send and receive emails, but unfortunatelly i cant login to the mailbox. emails are getting to the /var/spool/mail , but i cant retrieve them - where do i need to check on the server to see if there is a password for this user? when i go to change the password via the CP it doesnt mention anything about the email change.

just to confirm - if i add a new email account such as [email protected] everything is working fine - i can log in via outlook and via squirelmail.

thanks

sorry guys, i sorted it out by adding the new user's name to the /var/spool/virtual/newdomain.tld as a blank file :)

i figured it out by adding a new email user via the CP and then searched the server for the new user and there we go! directadmin rocks!

btw, to log in I use just the user and password, not [email protected]

:)

spoke too early. i can log in from squrelmail and send mail via smtp, but unfortunately i cant login via pop3 - it prompts me for the password all the time - anyone has any suggestions please?

in mail.log i just found those errors:

Nov 26 18:36:21 Psycho dovecot[28690]: auth(default): shadow(USER@DOMAIN,82.57.177.52): unknown user
Nov 26 18:36:21 Psycho dovecot[28690]: auth(default): passwd-file(USER@DOMAIN,82.57.177.52): unknown user

where else i can look?

mmmh ok, but when i sent email to USER@DOMAIN i receive that:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

USER@SERVER_HOSTNAME
(ultimately generated from USER@DOMAIN)
Unrouteable address
USER@SERVER_HSOTNAME
(ultimately generated from USER@DOMAIN)
Unrouteable address

I dont understand what you are doing but if you are trying to login to the user the account was created under they have no @domain as their login.

It will just be:

username

password

Unless you create a new pop3 account.

Strange OWNER@DOMAIN works on my server with no problems. Do you have the latest exim.conf and exim.pl.

If you're using SpamBlocker exim 3-beta, the latest version is available here. If you use SpamBlocker exim.conf version 2.x or the standard exim.conf file included with DirectAdmin, the latest version is available here. Note that SpamBlocker 3-beta is only available for Dovecot/Maildir, and that the SpamBlocker exim.conf version 2 file by default only supports the mbox format and to support Dovecot/Maildir must be patched by this patch.

The exim.pl file may be found here.

Jeff

mmmh, im using exim with spamassassin, i would like to upgrade everithing, and pass to dovecot but i dont know how to do it and what that will change to my usual work and for my customers, i mean, ive some customers that created email into uebimiau and i would like to know if that will keep it fine...

Changing to Dovecot on your server should NOT affect email stored in any UebiMiau. It might change dates or read-flags on other webmail solutions that use IMAP, but UebiMiau stores everything except the inbox in proprietary directories and files.

Jeff

Exim is your mta (mail transport agent); it uses the SMTP protocol to deliver email across the Internet. It has nothing to do with delivery of email to local users using POP or IMAP.

Dovecot offers both IMAP and POP3 services; it has nothing to do with routing email across the Internet.

All three protocols are required. Installing Dovecot will delete the IMAP and POP3 servers currently running on your DirectAdmin server, and will replace them with Dovecot.

You must NOT remove exim. There is a required change to the exim.conf file. My SpamBocker 3-beta exim.conf file makes that change and only works with Dovecot. If you're using any other exim.conf file supplied by me or by DirectAdmin, then installing Dovecot using the procedure recommended by DirectAdmin will install the required change to exim.conf.

Instructions for converting can be found here.

Jeff

The same problem with the thread

Hi all,
It's feel bad that still have to work even X'mas ...

I have the same problem that when I create a user or retailer account for example "cht" with a domain "cht.com", system will open a default mail account [email protected].

My problem is the mail account [email protected] can send mail through webmail, but cannot receive any mail from others, and who send mail to [email protected] will receive a "permanent error message" from the sender's mail server with the content below
Code:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

cht@[COLOR="Red"]"myserver's domain"[/COLOR]
   (ultimately generated from [email protected])
   retry timeout exceeded
 cht@[COLOR="Red"]"myserver's domain"[/COLOR]
   (ultimately generated from [email protected])
   retry timeout exceeded

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Received: from rv-out-0708.google.com ([209.85.198.244])
       by [COLOR="Red"]"myserver's domain"[/COLOR] with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
       (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
       id 1LFWFf-0004F5-Qs
       for [email protected]; Thu, 25 Dec 2008 00:06:28 +0800
Received: by rv-out-0708.google.com with SMTP id k29so3189787rvb.8
       for <[email protected]>; Wed, 24 Dec 2008 08:09:46 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
       d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
       h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to
        :subject:mime-version:content-type;
       bh=EDEFTVSxV4y4zrK69cKDxBKm3ZVWhRbip4i6h6pgw/E=;
       b=OT1aSQuh7PacJfYjHNT3YgpnpsuGhhqlBYHFukUuyVgt0UITUbky1qwBaWt/lqrvAj
        kZ0l8csfkaEIAgW/2Fbn4y/0WPCfUyhVxIvp30hT9M5WfhYlDL6AUeV900kPniDiFaLZ
        dsEk3wRClyAkVHFsc6CNtIBX4mn/XjkmKw4O4=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
       d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
       h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;
       b=UHR/vOEul6AxkR/uYy5ltkpWn5Djcx7G4zEOc/WDcic886ABCWrFUqv+Bmala6fR5N
        4XKxbXDGvlE7jjkJziXYMsPGA3YnUrPdjjN1XxfvAgcJw214ZVoK0rhxOa9i00D1WGAs
        Pb/du/uapQBGGONtQzH/PVlYqI2X+myTzza9c=
Received: by 10.141.153.16 with SMTP id f16mr4318356rvo.283.1230134985838;
       Wed, 24 Dec 2008 08:09:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.140.44.6 with HTTP; Wed, 24 Dec 2008 08:09:45 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 00:09:45 +0800
To: cht <[email protected]>

And my server's error message in /var/log/exim/mainlog is
Code:
2008-12-25 00:06:28 1LFWFf-0004F5-Qs <= [email protected] H=rv-out-0708.google.com [209.85.198.244] P=esmtp S=2080 id=5edf1e500812240809k1760f58ci9a70a75bf0f                                             [email protected] T="test" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2008-12-25 00:06:28 1LFWFf-0004F5-Qs == cht@[COLOR="Red"]"myserver's domain"[/COLOR] <[email protected]> R=lookuphost defer (-1): remote host address is the local host
2008-12-25 00:06:28 1LFWFf-0004F5-Qs == cht@[COLOR="Red"]"myserver's domain"[/COLOR] <[email protected]> R=lookuphost defer (-1): remote host address is the local host
2008-12-25 00:06:28 1LFWFf-0004F5-Qs ** cht@[COLOR="Red"]"myserver's domain"[/COLOR] <[email protected]>: retry timeout exceeded
2008-12-25 00:06:28 1LFWFf-0004F5-Qs ** cht@[COLOR="Red"]"myserver's domain"[/COLOR] <[email protected]>: retry timeout exceeded
But every virtual user account under the domain "cht.com" can normaly receive mail from others, I also try to reinstall dovecot but it doesn't work at all, really hope some one can give me a hint to solve this annoying error, thanks alot.

Back