server to server account transfer

AndyII

Verified User
Been searching the forum but haven't found just the info I was looking for...
here is what I want to do, I need to move 2 high usage account over to a new DA server, just for them, the server is brand new and has no accounts on it yet, But can someone tell me the best route for transferring these 2 accounts directly from one DA server to another?.
Opposed to the old method of downloading and re uploading, these sites have over 60GB of data to be moved, even if this has to be a shell environment to do so, but would be nice to use a feature in DA, like the Admin Backup/Transfer.
as this server isn't "live" yet, meaning its up and running but doesn't have any users /accounts yet.
I would like to move the sites in their entirety first, before deleting any data on their present server location..

I have not used the admin transfer yet but have read that is works great. You can have the admin transfer backup everything and then ftp it over to the new server. If you think ftp is not a good option then you can have it do the backup locally and then ssh in and then use scp transfer the backups located in /home/admin/admin_backups to the new server and put them in the same backup directory of /home/admin/admin_backups and then have the new server run the restore.

I hope that made sense to you.

yes it does make sense, sorta, I'm trying out the admin transfer from one server to the new one, but as of yet it hasn't showed up there, its a smaller site just to test. only on shell A am still learning :confused: I can shell in and install DA lol, but haven't done much else, so an explanation of scp transfer would be appreciated ;) , then I will go learn some on that...

If the file is too big then the default way DA uploads will not work. You'll get an error that says something about the transfer failed. The solution for this is in the knowledgebase. Do a search for ftp or maybe ftp and backup.

Re: scp

From the server that the file is on:
Code:
scp /path/to/filename username@remote_server:/path/to/upload/to

Back